How casual is msc sinfonia

katee5j

Hi I'm looking at msc sinfonia for 12 nights for my hubby 40th birthday. Can we be casualy dressed. is the entertainment good, and what about kids clubs etc. we have sailed ncl twice and Disney. both were amazing. I really like this route and price. but worried incase it's boring. it's over Easter period so I'm hoping their is some children on board. x

Sent from my SM-G935F using Forums mobile app

Hi I'm looking at msc sinfonia for 12 nights for my hubby 40th birthday. Can we be casualy dressed. is the entertainment good, and what about kids clubs etc. we have sailed ncl twice and Disney. both were amazing. I really like this route and price. but worried incase it's boring. it's over Easter period so I'm hoping their is some children on board. x

MSC much more formal than NCL or CCL. You will not see baseball caps and shorts 24/7 . Yo uwill have lots of children on board during Easter time.

Casual dress is perfectly acceptable but shorts are not allowed in the MDRs at dinner. Here's the suggested dress code with what's prohibited included:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=53212942&postcount=8

Entertainment is more limited on Lirica class ships (of which Sinfonia is one) as they are small ships with fewer entertainment venues than the bigger ships. You have to book the shows onboard, too. This is easy enough to do with screens available listing the times and days to choose from.

I can't comment on children's activities - sorry! However, there are bound to be quite a lot of children onboard at that time of year.

Here's a link to Sinfonia's technical sheet which will give you an idea of the layout and what's on board:

http://www.mscpressarea.com/media/corporate-informationitems/attachments/msc-sinfonia-technical-sheet.pdf

Thank u so much for the info. this has put a question on now should we book. the main reason is dress code. we aren't that into dressing up. my husband would rather wear a nice polo and shorts of an evening and myself a dressy top and leggings. Don't know if msc would be too posh. and if we'd been turned away from dinning rooms x

Thank u so much for the info. this has put a question on now should we book. the main reason is dress code. we aren't that into dressing up. my husband would rather wear a nice polo and shorts of an evening and myself a dressy top and leggings. Don't know if msc would be too posh. and if we'd been turned away from dinning rooms x

He could wear a nice polo and trousers and will be perfectly acceptable, he would run the risk of being turned away from the MDR , but not the buffet, if he wore shorts. It may depend on the type of shorts,. khaki or a dark colour may be acceptable, a la military tropical uniform, but not coloured sports type,

pete