Icy Strait zipline question

eppler

We have a group of 7 traveling next June. 5 want to do the zipline.

In reading the information on this forum, it looks like you have to take a van.

Does anyone know if they will let the 2 folks not ziplining ride in the van and then wait at the bottom for the other 5?

We have a group of 7 traveling next June. 5 want to do the zipline.

In reading the information on this forum, it looks like you have to take a van.

Does anyone know if they will let the 2 folks not ziplining ride in the van and then wait at the bottom for the other 5?

No. It's a 35-45 minute bus ride & narrative tour to the top of the mountain and a short walk (steep & about a half mile) to the Ziprider area.

Go to Icystraitpoint.com for FAQ's.

Here is the question and answer posted on it:

Q: Can a person just go on the bus ride with family members to the top to watch and then return by bus?

A: This excursion is very popular and the buses are usually full, so this is not possible.

Hope this helps!

Karen.

I'd suggest the two not riding lurk at the bottom of the ride to take pics/video of your group coming down! There are some seats right under the cables IIRC, and if you have at least 2 working cellphones the folks up top can call and confirm that they will be the next bunch to slide.

It looks like it's not possible via the FAQ page. Even if it was, the people ziplining would have to wait a long time after the two non-zipliners left to get back to the bottom. Why not the five go while the other two do a little shopping in the old cannery building, make pictures, having a drink, etc? They have cellphone service - the five coming down the ziprider can call the other two when it's about their time if the two want to witness their arrival. If I'm ever back there I'm going to do that ride! (We went sea kayaking.)

Our family did this zipline last summer and those of us not riding just waited at the bottom (there is a covered area). Our riders texted us when they were next in line to come down and we watched for them. Or if they can't text, just go to that waiting area and hang out when their bus goes up the mountain.

I appreciate all the replies. I might have misunderstood what I read online. Is the "bottom" of the zipline in walking distance of where we get off the ship?? I thought I read that you had to take the bus because of distance and not just take the bus up the mountain.

If the bottom is close then that will solve the problem.

• 3 weeks later...

We just did the zipline on 9/6 and they did have benches at the bottom for people to sit on and watch the riders come down. They even had a TV that you watch the riders come down from about halfway down which I would think is where they take your pictures from. Awesome ride, so glad I didn't chicken out. LOL