Hurricane Irma

meow!

Glad to hear Spinnaker, karaokequeen, and cruisinpashmina are safe. I feel your pain as far as loss of power. We are very familiar with that living in Oklahoma with tornadoes and ice storms. Once went without power at my office for over a week. Have lost whole freezers of beef due to power outages. My sons joke about the dinner I served them in an ice storm--raw hot dogs, melting ice cream, and orange juice.

Spinnaker2 expressed how awful and scary Irma was for me in a borrowed ground level condo townhouse...minus the dog. My companions, very dear friends in their mid to late 80s were beyond terrified and it took a lot of energy to keep things relatively calm. I slipped between leading Zen breathing exercises and jumping into Staff Sargeant mode. Now that I am finally home, with both power and water, I keep shaking. My friends, shaky too, are okay. My little house and their apartment came thru the storm with no real damage. My Gulf front apartment on nearby Sanibel Island is undamaged. I have been incredibly lucky. My heart goes out to those still suffering. A lot of people have lost everything. I hope to start volunteering tomorrow.

Was relieved to hear that you were ok and am even more relieved to see you posting on here.

It sounds beyond scary.

Take care

Rp