MSC/Port of Miami Question

renysmom

For those who have sailed out of Miami, which car rental company is closest to terminal F (http://www.miamidade.gov/portmiami/library/portmiami-map.pdf) which is the location MSC?

Trying to decide if I should rent a car after our cruise and how close it would be to get to it.

Thanks!

I rented a car from FLL on a Friday at noon and dropping off downtown at Budget(89 Se 2nd Street) around noon for around $50. I figured I would get a taxi or Uber from there to the port.

Kelly, we have done the post cruise rental with Hertz at Miami and my suggestion would be to forgo the shuttle unless it's right there and plenty of space is available. Disembarkation is always a madhouse and taking a cab or Uber/Lyft is just so much easier. That is what we did.

Granted, you pay for it. Also, the Miami Hertz port location was packed and I would not recommend it unless you have a great discount.

Kelly, we have done the post cruise rental with Hertz at Miami and my suggestion would be to forgo the shuttle unless it's right there and plenty of space is available. Disembarkation is always a madhouse and taking a cab or Uber/Lyft is just so much easier. That is what we did.

Granted, you pay for it. Also, the Miami Hertz port location was packed and I would not recommend it unless you have a great discount.

Thank you

We are also considering Uber, we have a late afternoon flight home so thought a car would be easier as we could see the beach and store luggage in the car. Lots of time to decide, we don't sail until April :)