Alaska 2018 on Golden Princess

pumpkin30

Hello! Any experience with the following excursions:

Skagway - Yukon Expedition and White Pass Scenic Railway or Best of Skagway

Juneau: Mendenhall Glacier Guide Choice Train Hike or Mendenhall Glacier Explorer

Is the hike strenuous and would you say you have to be an experienced hiker for the excursion?

Appreciate hearing about your experiences.

Thanks!

• 2 months later...

Glad you asked and am trolling the boards wondering the same thing. DH and I are on the Golden on 5/12 on her first Alaska voyage of the season.

I am hearing some good (the torn carpets on the deck have evidently been replaced/repaired) and some bad (there are leaks indoors, with buckets collecting water!!!) from a couple who has been onboard since Singapore.

We spent a small fortune on Suites as this is likely to be our only trip to Alaska, and I am keeping fingers crossed Corporate is paying attention and going to get in front of this. I get that ship happens all the time - it's a boat after all, but there has to be some basic attention to maintenance and no buckets...no?

Glad you asked and am trolling the boards wondering the same thing. DH and I are on the Golden on 5/12 on her first Alaska voyage of the season.

I am hearing some good (the torn carpets on the deck have evidently been replaced/repaired) and some bad (there are leaks indoors, with buckets collecting water!!!) from a couple who has been onboard since Singapore.

We spent a small fortune on Suites as this is likely to be our only trip to Alaska, and I am keeping fingers crossed Corporate is paying attention and going to get in front of this. I get that ship happens all the time - it's a boat after all, but there has to be some basic attention to maintenance and no buckets...no?

Yes, I agree that there needs to be attention to maintenance and fix the issues as soon as possible. This too will be my first trip to Alaska and we spent a small fortune as well. I'm keeping a positive outlook and looking forward to a wonderful trip. Have a wonderful trip and please keep us posted.

Yes, I agree that there needs to be attention to maintenance and fix the issues as soon as possible. This too will be my first trip to Alaska and we spent a small fortune as well. I'm keeping a positive outlook and looking forward to a wonderful trip. Have a wonderful trip and please keep us posted.

Will do, and will use some of those internet minutes purchased to report on the good and the bad (hopefully none of the latter!):evilsmile:

Does anyone know if Glacier Scenic cruising days are considered days at sea? I'm trying to figure out when the two formal nights will be on our cruise. Everyone says it's on sea days but not the last night of the cruise. Our itinerary only have one sea day and it is the last full day of the cruise. Any idea when the formal nights will be?

Yes, formal nights can be scheduled on a scenic cruising day.

On an Alaska cruise a formal evening is often scheduled on a port day that has an early departure time.

For sure it will not be on the last full day of the cruise.

Does anyone know if Glacier Scenic cruising days are considered days at sea? I'm trying to figure out when the two formal nights will be on our cruise. Everyone says it's on sea days but not the last night of the cruise. Our itinerary only have one sea day and it is the last full day of the cruise. Any idea when the formal nights will be?

I believe I read on another thread that the formal nights will be the 2nd night and the 6th night. For my cruise that would be Ketchikan and after Glacier Bay.