Gluten free dining in specialty restaurants.

Dardreamer

In specialty restaurants, they will advise you on menu items that are gluten free. In the MDR's, someone will come to your table the night before, to discuss meals for the following day. You can choose gluten free options from the menu, or have something else made. You call this person when you are on your way to a restaurant. Dd had some great breakfasts delivered to the buffet, eggs Benedict, pancakes, waffles, French toast, muffins...

Contact NCL before your cruise, and if you choose to eat lunch in a MDR after boarding, this person will meet you there. For your first meal, they will let you know what is safe to eat.

In specialty restaurants, they will advise you on menu items that are gluten free. In the MDR's, someone will come to your table the night before, to discuss meals for the following day. You can choose gluten free options from the menu, or have something else made. You call this person when you are on your way to a restaurant. Dd had some great breakfasts delivered to the buffet, eggs Benedict, pancakes, waffles, French toast, muffins...

Contact NCL before your cruise, and if you choose to eat lunch in a MDR after boarding, this person will meet you there. For your first meal, they will let you know what is safe to eat.

Wowww GF pancakes, waffles etc.?? That's awesome!!! Good to know, tks.

I'll travel in Nov and was worried abt the Menu. NCL already knows about my dietary restrictions and I hope everything goes well as planned.

[emoji1308][emoji1308][emoji1308]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Plus rolls, pizza, pasta, and even though it wasn't on the menu, my dd was able to get flourless chocolate cake.

[emoji33][emoji33]

OMG that sounds excellent, thanks for posting this, very helpful.

[emoji1308][emoji1308][emoji1308]

When I have taken a tour of several of NCL ships the galley is amazing. They have a section that is not used unless they are cooking gluten free or kosher. Let them know that you need gluten free ahead of time. When I have they have always worked with me in all areas. Even when I didn't they still helped with options that were great. Now I will say the Pride of America had some of the best gluten free dinner rolls that I have ever had.

A very important tidbit to know, speaking from experience. Make sure you have your dietary needs noted on your reservation and either call the access help desk at 1-866-584-9756 or email them at accessdesk@ncl.com. On day 1, speak with the Maitre D and they will guide you through the process, and quite frankly, spoil you rotten. :D

From the NCL FAQ section:

"What about special dietary needs?

If you have any food allergy or a dietary requirement that requires Kosher meals or gluten-free food product, please advise a Norwegian Reservations Agent, or your Travel Agent at the time of booking. Obtaining the product for many of these requests requires 30-days notice prior to sailing, and we want to ensure that we are able to fulfill your request. We cannot guarantee Kosher Meal requests made within 30 days of sail date. For the protection of all of our guests, it is not permissible to bring aboard any food items that would require preparation by the ship’s staff, or food items that would require cold storage in our kitchen facilities"

A very important tidbit to know, speaking from experience. Make sure you have your dietary needs noted on your reservation and either call the access help desk at 1-866-584-9756 or email them at accessdesk@ncl.com. On day 1, speak with the Maitre D and they will guide you through the process, and quite frankly, spoil you rotten. :D

From the NCL FAQ section:

"What about special dietary needs?

If you have any food allergy or a dietary requirement that requires Kosher meals or gluten-free food product, please advise a Norwegian Reservations Agent, or your Travel Agent at the time of booking. Obtaining the product for many of these requests requires 30-days notice prior to sailing, and we want to ensure that we are able to fulfill your request. We cannot guarantee Kosher Meal requests made within 30 days of sail date. For the protection of all of our guests, it is not permissible to bring aboard any food items that would require preparation by the ship’s staff, or food items that would require cold storage in our kitchen facilities"

Thanks, did it when I made the reservation.

[emoji6][emoji6][emoji1308][emoji1308]