Vancouver Excursion after cruise question

JP-Cruise

So my Alaska cruise next summer is ending in Vancouver, I just was on the princess website looking at the excursions they have to offer. I really want to experience the Capilano Suspension Bridge. When I saw they have this tour I was thrilled. But then read that it is only offered as a crusie port excursions and not for disembarking. They do offer one where instead of the Capilano, you tour the city, then they take you to Lynn Canyon Suspension Bridge, go for a nature walk, then drop you off at the airport. I might consider this if they don't offer the Capilano. But does anyone know if they do?

Once you get off the cruise ship right at Canada Place they have a free shuttle that goes to Capilano Suspension Bridge, not too sure how often they run but I would imagine their website would say. Not sure what you would do with your luggage or if they can take it. Trying emailing Capilano Suspension Bridge, doubt your the only one that would be getting off a cruise ship wanting to go on the shuttle. They bring you back to Canada Place then the sky train is 2 blocks away which takes you right to the airport.

Once you get off the cruise ship right at Canada Place they have a free shuttle that goes to Capilano Suspension Bridge, not too sure how often they run but I would imagine their website would say. Not sure what you would do with your luggage or if they can take it. Trying emailing Capilano Suspension Bridge, doubt your the only one that would be getting off a cruise ship wanting to go on the shuttle. They bring you back to Canada Place then the sky train is 2 blocks away which takes you right to the airport.

Exactly regarding my luggage. With the other tour your luggage stays on the motorcoach and you get dropped off at the airport at the end. They also put at the bottom of the page that the excursion is for people who have a flight departing after 4pm

The price padding on the cruiseline excursions is very high for the convenience of carrying your bags around... the tours you describe can be booked directly with the same local providers who actually give the ship tours, in CAD for generally the same number of dollars as the ships charge in USD!

Since you're a fellow Canuck and don't need to worry about currency exchange for buying directly in Vancouver, do exactly what was suggested above if Cap is on your bucket list. For bags, have them sent to the airport for you ($40 for the first 4) or, if your flight home is too early, simply store the bags at the pier. Pan Pacific hotel bell desk will do it for $5 a bag, and the official cruise luggage storage CDS is $7/$8 depending on size of bag (they're also the folks who send your bag to the airport).

Even a solo traveler might save money compared to cruise excursion, and more importantly IMO you will have a qualitatively better experience doing it yourself too - you can spend as long as you like at Cap instead of being whisked away to the next site... even buying a North Shore pre/post cruise tour directly from local providers is a compromised experience IMO, e.g LandSea, as they give you too little time at Cap and/or Grouse in order to get you to the airport promptly as they insist on including the free salmon hatchery in every tour it seems. Even if you're actually interested in the hatchery as well as Cap/Grouse/both, the timing is just too tight - doing Cap and Grouse via their own shuttles is the best way to see them as a tourist so you can choose how much time to spend.

We were recently on an Alaska cruise with friends on another cruiseline. We did use CDS to store our bags and have them delivered to the hotel airport (our flight was the next day). Great service! Would use them again.