MTD reservation now "at your leisure" ?

karaloo

My reservation, for January 2018, says 6:00-8:00 for my MTD reservation. I had previously reserved 6:00. When I called I was told it was still 6:00 in their system.

That is the same, that means the table is reserved for you from 6-8pm. Not that they will kick you out at 8pm, it is just assumed you have 2 hours.

Cruising in a few weeks. I am new to Rcl but have cruised many times with Ncl and Carnival. The reason I do my time dining is I don't know when I'll feel like dining-- I go to the specialty restaurants more than the mdr anyway and it depends on what I did that day at port or if it's a seaday. This was never a problem on Ncl or Carnival, I just show up when I feel like eating. and if a bunch of other people show up at the same time they give me a pager and I go have a drink or browse in the shops. I have never waited more than 20 minutes. I was very surprised to get an email saying I needed to make my dinner reservations. This is totally opposed to the reason I chose my time dining. Am I in for a rude awakening when I try to just show to the mdr?

Cruising in a few weeks. I am new to Rcl but have cruised many times with Ncl and Carnival. The reason I do my time dining is I don't know when I'll feel like dining-- I go to the specialty restaurants more than the mdr anyway and it depends on what I did that day at port or if it's a seaday. This was never a problem on Ncl or Carnival, I just show up when I feel like eating. and if a bunch of other people show up at the same time they give me a pager and I go have a drink or browse in the shops. I have never waited more than 20 minutes. I was very surprised to get an email saying I needed to make my dinner reservations. This is totally opposed to the reason I chose my time dining. Am I in for a rude awakening when I try to just show to the mdr?
Not at all. You do not have to make reservations, but just like a land based restaurant, if you go at a time that all tables just filled (or are reserved), you may have a wait. My wife and I tend to eat early, but never had more than a 2 minute wait, whether we had reservations or not.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Forums mobile app

Varies by ship and itinerary but typically 5:30 or 6 and 8 or 8:30.

Thank you. Im on Allure Western. Would you know what the set times are for my sailing. Maybe it was 530 and 830. Even 8 is too late for my sisters kids. They want to be done and go to kids clubs they are three kids 8-13. My kids are 20 and 24 so anything with a 5 or 6 in front is too early for them as well as my dh and me although at home we do eat earlier.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you. Im on Allure Western. Would you know what the set times are for my sailing. Maybe it was 530 and 830. Even 8 is too late for my sisters kids. They want to be done and go to kids clubs they are three kids 8-13. My kids are 20 and 24 so anything with a 5 or 6 in front is too early for them as well as my dh and me although at home we do eat earlier.

Here is a thread with a Compass from an Allure Western cruise:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=52972312&posted=1#post52972312