Future Cruise Deposit - Should we get this? Quick FCD/FCC 101 please

Wishing on a star

Not quite. Since it is before final payment, only deposits are applied. If deposits are refundable (only makes fiscal sense; otherwise probably forget it), passenger can always cancel/re-book, assuming no loss of "goodies" or OBC. So, it depends.

I was always told that the FCC had to be applied at the time of booking but as you state that may not be correct. I can see them letting you use an FCC on a re-book since it's just like cancelling & booking a new cruise.

We choose our cabin & never switch around so unless they would be any extreme drop in price.

Anyone else have an experience applying an FCC after booking? (keeping the same cabin) :confused:

are you sure? i thought i had put down a deposit on a booking, then a few days later applied my FCD, then paid in full. it could have been a special instance as my TA was getting my FCD changed from $CAD to $USD.

I believe there is a window when they will allow it but I have no idea what it is.

I was always told that the FCC had to be applied at the time of booking but as you state that may not be correct. I can see them letting you use an FCC on a re-book since it's just like cancelling & booking a new cruise.

We choose our cabin & never switch around so unless they would be any extreme drop in price.

Anyone else have an experience applying an FCC after booking? (keeping the same cabin) :confused:

In our case it's doubtful we'll rebook because the Dec cruise was a Sip n Sail promo buy. With the new prices for bev packages up to $689.90 pp for a 10 day I don't see it droppin enough to cover that benefit. But who knows ....

We are looking at two 2019 cruises so we will still be getting at least 4 FCCs in Mar.

Thanks to everyone for a lot of great information.

Happy cruisin!

Sent from my SM-G920T using Forums mobile app