Future Cruise Deposit - Should we get this? Quick FCD/FCC 101 please

Wishing on a star

Definietely, I get one every time. Never know if we're going to cruise again but have never lasted longer than 18 months. My last cruise was September 2017 (a month ago) & I've already used my future cruise deposit -- had no plans to cruise as of a week ago. Apart from extra onboard credits, you only need the $100 as deposit, no more

Yes, by all means, get the FCC, (while onboard only). The FCC becomes your deposit for your next cruise when you book it (don't have to pay the 20% of cruise at time of booking), and you get OBC as well. Unlike one of the comments above, you do NOT need to wait in a huge long line to see the FCC rep onboard: go early during your cruise - they're usually readily available -- the long lines only happen on the last 2-3 days of the cruise, when everybody tries to get in at the last minute; AND you can fill in the form without talking to the FCC rep, and drop it in the drop box usually just outside their office, anytime! Even at the two year limit, they'll contact you and ask if you want it to be extended - but apparently one extension only for a given FCC. Don't know about that -- they've never lasted the two (previously 4) years around our place. Been using FCC's for years now -- great program.

I purchased ours on board using the Princess@Sea portal (I forget what it’s actiall called), Then I ordered breakfast for delivery the next morning :D My point is, you don’t even have to leave your cabin to make the purchase.

Upon making your new booking, the appropriate shipboard credit will be applied.*

Future Cruise Length Per Person Shipboard Credit*

17 - 44 Days $125 Inside, $125 Outside, $150 Balcony, $150 Suite

11 - 16 Days $75 Inside, $75 Outside, $100 Balcony, $100 Suite

7 - 10 Days $25 Inside, $25 Outside, $50 Balcony, $50 Suite

3 - 6 Days $15 Inside, $15 Outside, $25 Balcony, $25 Suite

This is very helpful !

Okay, so it will probably be $150.00 pp OBC on a 15 day cruise. (Not the 2.5 amount of FCD)

The most you can get on a 15 day cruise is $100/pp for balcony or >

Somebody mentioned, buy more than one...

Can you use more than one for a cruise booking. Can you stack these.

Or, is it only one, $100.00 FCD per booking.

For example, could we each buy three ($300.00), to use them on our next cruise, and get $450.00 in OBC?

If only that were true. ;)

Clear as mud now!

When two of our FCC's expired, I received a check in the mail instead of having it automatically credited back to my credit card. My credit card number had not changed, but it did have a new expiration date and code. I'm not sure if that's why they sent a check.

I always like to get them early during a cruise to make sure they appear on my Princess account. On our last cruise, the future cruise consultant had printed the forms with our info and delivered them to our cabin. All we had to do was fill in the number of FCC's we wanted.

One more thing.....if you use an FCC to book your cruise but later have to cancel the cruise, the FCC goes back into your "bank" so you can use it again within the 2 yr period. Supposedly you can only do this once, but I did it twice before.

Unless you cancel within six months of the departure date, in which case the FCD is treated like cash and you lose your deposit. This change came in a year or so ago, presumably to cut down on the number of people who book multiple cruises then cancel most of them just before final payment date.

Presumably you can only use the FCC as a deposit if you book direct with Princess rather than via a TA?

I guess things might be different in the US compared to the UK though.

No. An FCD is linked to your passenger #, so any booking that includes that number, whether direct or thru a TA will present the choice of using an existing FCD or not.

I find that when I try to book online with a big box TA, that I'm always asked to give a credit card number for the deposit, even though I have a FCD in my account. I always end up having to call the TA to complete the transaction and have them apply the FCD to the reservation.

I find that when I try to book online with a big box TA, that I'm always asked to give a credit card number for the deposit, even though I have a FCD in my account. I always end up having to call the TA to complete the transaction and have them apply the FCD to the reservation.

The same thing happened to me. When I called I was told to just put all 11111111111in the box’s for my Credit Card Number and they will know I have a FCD. :rolleyes:.

Tony

Slight variation on the previous questions.

We have 2 cruises booked:

Ruby - Mar 2018

Crown - Dec 2018.

Can we purchase FCD(s) on our Ruby cruise and apply to Crown cruise?

Our final payment for the Crown cruise isn't due till mid Sep so it definitely won't be paid in full right after Mar cruise.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Forums mobile app

Slight variation on the previous questions.

We have 2 cruises booked:

Ruby - Mar 2018

Crown - Dec 2018.

Can we purchase FCD(s) on our Ruby cruise and apply to Crown cruise?

Our final payment for the Crown cruise isn't due till mid Sep so it definitely won't be paid in full right after Mar cruise.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Forums mobile app

No, sorry. You have to have the FCC's beofre you book.

are you sure? i thought i had put down a deposit on a booking, then a few days later applied my FCD, then paid in full. it could have been a special instance as my TA was getting my FCD changed from $CAD to $USD.

Not quite. Since it is before final payment, only deposits are applied. If deposits are refundable (only makes fiscal sense; otherwise probably forget it), passenger can always cancel/re-book, assuming no loss of "goodies" or OBC. So, it depends.

The same thing happened to me. When I called I was told to just put all 11111111111in the box’s for my Credit Card Number and they will know I have a FCD. :rolleyes:.

Tony

Thank you Tony.

I'll give that a try when booking my next cruise! ;) would be nice if the same trick will work for final payment too! ;)

Thank you Tony.

I'll give that a try when booking my next cruise! ;) would be nice if the same trick will work for final payment too! ;)

If I try that on my final payment the only cruising I will be doing is on my ice skates going up the Charles River in Boston. :eek::eek:.

Go Patriots!!!!!!! This is for my friend Go Steelers( ! ) :)

The Captain of The Rowboat,

Tony