Anthem anytime share tables?

Hello! As a solo cruiser, are there tables you can join for dinner if you are doing anytime dining? Celebrity and Princess have this down well but last time I was on a RCCL ship, they had not worked out the wrinkles on this. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The two top tables are literally one foot apart so if there are no tables to join , you can dine solo and still chat with the table either side of you . We like MTD as we don't have to wait for the entire table to be served before you start to eat. Usually its the same people dining in the same spot at the same time most nights.

Guest maddycat

You can join the meet and mingle for your cruise and find other solo cruisers on your sailing. On our last Anthem cruise there were various activities for singles. You might click with someone at one of those.

If you choose MTD, you are unlikely to be seated with others...even if you ask. Most MTD'ers do not like eating with others....don't know why...we LOVE tablemates!

If you enjoy having company at dinner, choose one of the traditional seating times, and request a large table.

Hello! As a solo cruiser, are there tables you can join for dinner if you are doing anytime dining? Celebrity and Princess have this down well but last time I was on a RCCL ship, they had not worked out the wrinkles on this. Thanks!

Just ask to be seated with others when you arrive at the MTD podium. You may have to wait a bit longer for a table.

Just ask to be seated with others when you arrive at the MTD podium. You may have to wait a bit longer for a table.

If you go to MTD when it is most busy...say around 700 PM...people that are told they have to wait for a table may be more likely to agree to share immediately, rather than wait...;)

If you go to MTD when it is most busy...say around 700 PM...people that are told they have to wait for a table may be more likely to agree to share immediately, rather than wait...;)

Sorry I found this ship to be the worst experience ever for shared tables. I called the maitre D out on it without much luck. Things may have improved some as I cruised in the last weeks of the failed dining setup they used to have. As a Diamond cruiser I

would not do the Anthem solo

again I would go with assigned seating

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We were on the Explorer a couple of weeks ago. My wife and I had reservations with anytime dining for 5:30 each day. First night I asked at the dining room desk to be seated at a table for six, since we enjoy visiting with other cruisers. Each night we had a table with four others. One night we had two singles. Never any waiting and a good time was had by all.

We were on the Explorer a couple of weeks ago. My wife and I had reservations with anytime dining for 5:30 each day. First night I asked at the dining room desk to be seated at a table for six, since we enjoy visiting with other cruisers. Each night we had a table with four others. One night we had two singles. Never any waiting and a good time was had by all.

Sounds like that worked out well. We normally tell the host/hostess that we would do either, share or table for two. We've always gotten the table for two because I think they assume you want to be seated ASAP. I might just try saying share only next time and see how it works out.

Sorry I found this ship to be the worst experience ever for shared tables. I called the maitre D out on it without much luck. Things may have improved some as I cruised in the last weeks of the failed dining setup they used to have. As a Diamond cruiser I

would not do the Anthem solo

again I would go with assigned seating

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ouch....sorry to hear that...

thanks for the 'heads up'.....