Holiday Inn Express 17th Street - construction update?

paulh84

I haven't booked a pre-cruise hotel for our February cruise yet. I was trying to book using points so options are slim and it's looking like the HIE is the best bet.

Almost all of the reviews going several months back mention construction but they do not elaborate on what exactly is going on. Are they updating rooms? Giving the entire hotel a facelift? The rooms do look dated in some of the pictures online. Any feedback from anyone that knows or has stayed there recently would be appreciated!

I haven't booked a pre-cruise hotel for our February cruise yet. I was trying to book using points so options are slim and it's looking like the HIE is the best bet.

Almost all of the reviews going several months back mention construction but they do not elaborate on what exactly is going on. Are they updating rooms? Giving the entire hotel a facelift? The rooms do look dated in some of the pictures online. Any feedback from anyone that knows or has stayed there recently would be appreciated!

We called last week to be sure they were open for our Nov stay, and they are. That's all I know. Did you call and ask?

Sorry for the confusion, this wasn't about a full hotel shut down due to hurricane damage or something along those lines. The reviews online going back several months mention construction but apparently they are just expanding the hotel.

We stayed there back in may. They are adding more rooms behind the building. No noise of any kind while we were there. was a nice stay.

Perfect, thank you!