Trip Report - Royal Princess 10 Day Eastern Caribbean November 16 - 26, 2016

jaycruising

Heading further back on the port side you will find the seawall, which if you are afraid of heights is a little scary at first, but pretty cool once you get over the fear, you will also find Swirls back here, which is great to visit for some pretty good ice cream.

DSC01593-L.jpg

DSC01830-L.jpg

DSC01829-M.jpg

On the starboard side you will find the beautiful SeaView bar, unfortunately I didn’t spend any time here. That is also where you will find Calypso Cabana, which is a small version of the gift shop where you could get sunscreen, etc.

DSC01803-L.jpg

DSC01805-L.jpg

DSC01806-L.jpg

DSC01808-L.jpg

DSC01810-L.jpg

Then you will find some more seating, before heading to the food.

DSC01809-L.jpg

DSC01600-M.jpg

DSC01601-M.jpg

Sorry to the guy I caught with the mouthful… but it must have been good since you couldn't wait to sit down.

In the next section you will find the Horizon Court. Which is pretty much the same as the Bistro. During breakfast hours both areas are fully open, I’m not sure during dinner as we didn’t visit. On the nights they do Crab Shack it is also in one part of the buffet.

DSC01602-M.jpg

DSC01603-M.jpg

DSC01604-M.jpg

DSC01605-M.jpg

DSC01606-M.jpg

DSC01607-M.jpg

DSC01811-M.jpg

At the back of this deck was one of my favourite spots on the whole ship, we would eat our breakfast out here every morning, one afternoon we sat out here and played cards. it was so lovely. This space is called Horizon Terrace and you will also find Outrigger bar back here.

DSC01818-M.jpg

DSC01817-M.jpg

DSC01815-L.jpg

Thank you for the wonderful tour! We’re on the Royal in January & this is making more excited!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So glad you are enjoying it, and it is getting you excited! She is a beautiful ship, and I will definitely travel on her again. Enjoy your trip!

Deck 17 - Sun

DSC01769-L.jpg

At the Bow of this Deck you will find the Sanctuary, it is an adult only area, you can rent a lounger for the entire cruise, day or half day. For the entire day it was $40 and $20 for the half day. There are also Cabana’s that can be rented. We did rent loungers for our second sea day. I really enjoyed my day in there, it was so peaceful and the loungers were very comfortable, however since we only rented for the day we didn’t get the best seats, so I was a little sun’d out by the end of the day. So, I did go and sit under the shade for a bit. I still don’t know if I would do it again… definitely not for the whole cruise, as I don’t think I would get the value, but maybe for a day or two, if I could get more shade.

DSC01757-L.jpg

DSC01758-L.jpg

DSC01759-L.jpg

DSC01760-L.jpg

DSC01761-L.jpg

Each afternoon they serve tea, sorry no pictures because I fell asleep in the lounger and missed it. There is a menu for items you can order while in the sanctuary, they will also deliver you pretty much anything to eat for a $3.00 surcharge.

DSC01764-L.jpg

DSC01765-L.jpg

DSC01766-L.jpg

DSC01768-L.jpg

DSC01767-L.jpg

Edited by jaycruising
misspelling

Through mid-ship on this deck, you will find mostly sun loungers, which are great if you want to watch a movie on the big screen, there are also a few hot tubs on this deck. Also, there is the SeaWalk look through which is pretty cool to look at.

DSC01782-M.jpg

DSC01783-M.jpg

DSC01787-M.jpg

DSC01792-M.jpg

DSC01784-M.jpg

DSC01791-M.jpg

Deck 17 - Sun

At the Bow of this Deck you will find the Sanctuary, it is an adult only area, you can rent a lounger for the entire cruise, day or half day. For the entire day it was $40 and $20 for the half day. There are also Cabana’s that can be rented. We did rent loungers for our second sea day. I really enjoyed my day in there, it was so peaceful and the loungers were very comfortable, however since we only rented for the day we didn’t get the best seats, so I was a little sun’d out by the end of the day. So, I did go and sit under the shade for a bit. I still don’t know if I would do it again… definitely not for the whole cruise, as I don’t think I would get the value, but maybe for a day or two, if I could get more shade.

Love Sanctuary, but not so much on Regal/Royal and precisely because there is very little true shade. Those overhead screens don't do much. There is less breeze than on Grand Class ships. Loved Regal, but not this version of Sanctuary so much.

Deck 18 – Sports

Mid ship on this deck you will find some more lounge chairs.

Mid aft is where most of the items are that you will find. First you will come across the Movies Under the Stars screen and the jogging track which goes all along this deck, I believe it is a quarter of a mile.

DSC01613-M.jpg

DSC01616-M.jpg

On either side you will find Princess Sports Central, which has some various exercise equipment.

DSC01621-M.jpg

On the Starboard side you will find The Driving Range.

DSC01620-M.jpg

In the Centre, you will find Centre Court, which has some Basketball nets, and is basically a gym.

DSC01614-M.jpg

n the port side to round out this deck you will find some Table Tennis tables, The Game Lounge (sorry no pics) and the Laser Range (no pics here either)

DSC01615-M.jpg

Deck 19 – Sky

The final accessible deck is the sky deck which only has 2 small areas that you can visit. Mid ship you will find the sun deck, with more lounge chairs. Then mid aft you will find the Lawn Court. Here you will find the putting area, we also came up here one night to do some organized star gazing, it is pretty cool being up there, and they shut down the lights so that we could view the stars without the light pollution.

DSC01619-M.jpg

DSC01617-M.jpg

DSC01618-M.jpg

There is one more deck that does have some public areas but I did not take any pictures, that is Deck 4 – Gala Deck. On this deck you will find the Medical Centre (which luckily we didn’t have to visit). This is also the deck you will visit if you will be taking a tender.

This ends the ship tour… There are some other interesting things I found on the ship, that I will share in my next post, just need to put them together.

Amazing!!! I'm enjoying your posts and looking forward to more. We will be on the Royal November 5, 2017 and your posts are helpful in getting me prepared for the ship.☺️

Enjoy! She is beautiful and I can't wait to cruise on her again!

Love Sanctuary, but not so much on Regal/Royal and precisely because there is very little true shade. Those overhead screens don't do much. There is less breeze than on Grand Class ships. Loved Regal, but not this version of Sanctuary so much.

Yeah, I was a little disappointed with it. We were on the side so we had no coverage at all. I'm a ginger and do really need a break from the sun, so that is what I was hoping for. We didn't try it on the Ruby, might have to next time.