Lima Peru, Private tour companies

Lurontravel

Since Celberity excursions in Lima do not allow children under ten we have found two tour companies that will allow us to bring the kids. They are perutrip.net and peruexplorer.com. Has anyone used or heard anything about either of these two operators?

No I haven't heard about those two companies but I have been dealing with Peru Travel and they have booked us for our trip to Cusco and Machu Picchu. I have been using Carmen and here is their website.

http://www.peru-travel.info/eng/

I have been organizing this trip since August, 2004 and they have been excellent to deal with and very prompt with their emails.

Jennie

When we were in Lima Peru in january we booked a private tour with Orquidea Travel which I found on the Travel Peru site and you can reach them at jeimy@destinationserver.biz and they provided us with a super day tour in a mini bus instead of the van I had booked - all in all my rating out of 10 would be 12!!! They did just a Superior job and delivered more than expected. They had promised me a 6 hour tour and our guide & driver were more than willing to spend 8+ hours with us.

If you want to read about our tour of Lima read my review on this board

SA Review Jan 3-31

Ann

PS plan to spend a least an hour in the market - a great place to shop - I got sheep skin slippers for $9. that would be around $100 at home.

Please help me with tour companies for Lima city tour. What have you signed up for? I have read the above tour company names and will check on those. However, Orquidea Travel website is "under construction".

We are a group of 8 people with Celebrity. Does anyone know about the Limavision tours? They have a 4 hr city tour that doesn't include the museums for $20. OR maybe the museums should not be missed???

Linda

We have found a company doing a 7 hour tour, picking us up at the pier in Callao. We are on the Millennium on 12-24 out of Fort Lauderdale. If you look at the roll call for that ship on page 9 or 10 you will see the description of the tour and the contact information. It looks pretty good. If you happen to be on our cruise, we are still looking for more people to get the price down.

Ron

Hi Zeke,

Three of us are also interested in the Limavision tour. (we're on the 12/24/05 Millennium) If the group is large enough they will pick up at the port, otherwise it seems they are not too interested. I considered the gold museum until I read that just about everything in it is a fake....

Jeanne

Archived