Transatlantic Cruise from Europe to Fort Lauderdale?

weberman

That does seem crazy. I just looked and see that only the Crown and the Pacific are doing the TA in 2018 and 2019 to FLL. I would have thought more Princess ships would do these. The cost of the flight seems just as nuts. We're booked on the Pacific Princess TA in 2019 from Civi to FLL and are concerned with flight costs, although we haven't seen them as high as Copenhagen. Good Luck.

• 2 weeks later...
We have been on four T/A cruises from Europe to Fort Lauderdale. Now however. Princess seems to have given up on T/A cruises returning to Fort Lauderdale as I could not find maybe 1 or 2 at the most. They seem to be going elsewhere on the return, several to N.Y. Looking at fall of 2018 cruises.

Found one from Copenhagen but the airfare to get to Copenhagen was absurd. I have about 150,000 Delta Skymiles which seem to be worthless on most international travel (some seats in cattle car coach). The Delta fare to Copenhagen was $3022 each coach. :(

Try through Princess they just quoted me $785 round trip from Philadelphia to Copenhagen.

Norwegian Air from Fort Lauderdale....530.10 economy....1,255.10 on the premium...brand new 787's....look at the web page....the fares are roughly this at any time you want to go....can't get much better than this. ;p

9:15 PM

4:40 PM +1

Florida-Fort Lauderdale/Miami

Copenhagen

Premium on parts of route

Premium on parts of route

Also, look to see if there is any way you can convert your Delta miles to Alaska Miles. They fly out of several places in Florida.....and they have very cheap FF flights to

Europe and Asia....I am going to Tokyo for 40,000 1st class on a sale....and I have seen them as low as 20,000 coach to Europe. They code share with AA which makes flying from Florida easy....Although you can't transfer your Delta miles to AK , you might try [putting them in a hotel ff program that you could then transfer to Alaska Air....I have never found my Delta miles available for much of anything, and I simply won't fly them any more...

Try Iceland Air. We are going from Copenhagen to Portland Oregon in May for $560. Of course it is economy cattle car but the only other flight I could find was close to 3000.

quote=weberman;54312761]We have been on four T/A cruises from Europe to Fort Lauderdale. Now however. Princess seems to have given up on T/A cruises returning to Fort Lauderdale as I could not find maybe 1 or 2 at the most. They seem to be going elsewhere on the return, several to N.Y. Looking at fall of 2018 cruises.

Found one from Copenhagen but the airfare to get to Copenhagen was absurd. I have about 150,000 Delta Skymiles which seem to be worthless on most international travel (some seats in cattle car coach). The Delta fare to Copenhagen was $3022 each coach. :(

We have been on four T/A cruises from Europe to Fort Lauderdale. Now however. Princess seems to have given up on T/A cruises returning to Fort Lauderdale as I could not find maybe 1 or 2 at the most. They seem to be going elsewhere on the return, several to N.Y. Looking at fall of 2018 cruises.

I always fly Icelandair to Europe. I did a fake one way booking to and from New York and

Copenhagen; you can't beat their prices to Europe. Here is what I found:

CPH-->JFK in April, 2018: economy=$351, economy comfort=$647, business class=$1,504.

JFK-->CPH in Oct, 2018: economy=$322, economy comfort=$699, business class=$1,644.

You stop in Iceland either way you go. You can do just an hour or two layover or stay and visit up to 7 days at no extra charge. Iceland is a wonderful place to visit, especially Reykjavik, the Golden Circle tour and the Blue Lagoon geothermal spa.