BORA BORA Parasailing

Princess Di

Has anyone done this? I would like to try it, if I can squeeze it into my excursions. Do you know how far it is to the boat from Our Dock? It really sounds like fun. Right up there with rolling down the hill in the Zorb in Rotorua, NZ and doing the Reverse Bungee in Auckland. I Love Adventure.

Please let me know your experience with the Parasail. Do any other Islands in FP offer it?

Thanks for your help!

A Smile is just a little curve that sets a lot of things Straight.

Fair Winds and Following Seas!

BORA BORA PARASAIL

from

http://www.boraboraisland.com/todo/adventures.html#parasail

Bora bora's parasailing business is for sale

from

http://www.papeete.com/business/opportunities/parasail/

USS Chilton APA-38 1966-1968

USS Guam LPH-9 1968-1970

Pacific Princess Oct 21 2001 Bermuda

Golden Princess Dec 7 2002 "Eastern Caribbean"

Coral Princess Dec 9 2003 "Panama Canal"

Carnival Miracle 17 Oct 2004

NOT UPDATED again 25 Feb www.geocities.com/fsbsdel

We did it and honestly it was one of the most memorable things I have ever done. It was beautiful....the drive to the boat was not far as the Island itself it small.

Our parasailing let us both go up together so it was not you just doing it alone, I don't know if that is the one you are looking at but it was great fun and oh so beautiful. Go for it and have fun!

GizmoDoggie,

Thank you so much for your reply. I will have to e-mail them and ask if there is a weight limit. My DD is a Big Girl. How did you book it - through the Internet site or when you arrived?

Derf, Dear, Sooooo Glad you are Back where i Belong. Thanks for the Link. Hey - Lets go buy it, only $260K USD. Wonder what the Real story is.

Lets, see, can I afford to live in Paradise with no expected income, and support 2 boats. Let me think - Ahhh -- Yes.

I hope it is still viable when I sail 4 September.

We did parasailing in the Bahamas and loved it! It was just going to be my son, but when the lady said "1 or 2?" my son quickly answered "2". So I did it - no chance to think about it or back out. I'm so glad I did! We haven't had the opportunity to do it again, but if we ever do, I'm right there!

"I want to go back to the island..." J. Buffett

Hi, SunGirl,

Thank you for your experiences. How old is your Son? I plan to take my Daughter if they will take her Big Body.

May I ask what you paid?

Oh, Look, I found KiteSurfing, or FlySurfing, as the French call it. Sure, I shall bring my board and my kite in my Luggage. My Jennie (the 12-year-old Ballerina) is a Long Boarder and I'm sure she would Love this.

http://www.boraboraisland.com/todo/watersports.html#kite

KITESURFING (FLYSURFING)

The most radical new sport to hit French Polynesia in the past 50 years has to be kiteboarding. The french call it Flysurfing. It basically involves being pulled on a board similiar to a surfboard with straps, by a powerful kite. Riders must master the wind and various techniques of boardriding as they combine the two for incredibly fast and intense rides. Huge air is possible... There are quite a few riders on Bora Bora into this sport, probably more so here than any other Tahitian island other than Tahiti itself.

If you already are into kiteboarding and know what's up, definately bring your board and kites to Bora Bora! The winds here are excellent and dependable and there's more than one good spot to go out from shore. Small surf and uncrowded conditions are the norm. Unless you're a real pro, you'll be staying within the lagoon.

Although there is no Kitesurfing school or place to rent kites or equipment on Bora bora, it's possible for beginners to get the feel for the sport by talking to the locals. One spot you'll see them on a regular basis is off Matira point. If you go there you may see one flying nut named Frank. He's a big kitesurfing fan and very friendly and can give you some excellent suggestions and tips on the local conditions. If you know what you are doing and have your own equipment, you may be able to convince him to take his boat out to show you some of his favorite kiting spots.

FRANK SACHSSE OF MOANA ADVENTURE TOURS

Located at Pofai Bay- Bora Bora, P.O. Box 220, Vaitape- BORA BORA, Telephone- (689) 67.61.41 / 67.75.97, Fax- (689) 67.61.26

Lets talk about kitesurfing!

My son was 15 when we did this. It was on Disney's private island, we were on the Disney Wonder. I think we paid $75 or $95 each (in 2001), I can't remember. I do remember thinking it was alot of money, but not as much as I thought it would be (?!). I know they asked us our weight, but I don't remember seeing a limit. Just by looking at some of the people with us, I would guess they were in excess of 200 lbs.

When we were in Mexico this spring, some guys were doing this kitesurfing. It did look fun, but it also looked like it took alot of work! It took the one guy a while to get going, but when he did it made you want to be out there with him!

"I want to go back to the island..." J. Buffett

I found the Bora Bora Parasailing on the website and reserved the 300m line dual parasail via email the day before we left home. We first stayed at the Moorea Beachcomber, which has Parasailing right there for $60/pax on a 150m line. It was scary leaving the boat, but once I got to altitude it was calm and peaceful. The view of the lagoon of fabulous from up there! It is an experience I'll remember a long time, but not one of adventure as much as of awe, peace and beauty. I took lots of video and digital pictures from up there. However when they brought me down and sent up my wife and turned into the wind it was much rougher, and her feet were flying whenever we hit a swell, but she still loved it.

When we got to Bora Bora there was a Parasailing booth at the dock with our name on a sign. He showed us the prices, and they were much higher than the web site ($317 for 300m dual vs $240 on the web I believe). He said the price I gave was last year's price. We got in a truck and went counter-clockwise around the island past Bloody Mary's to a resort whose name I forgot. It was very gusty windy that day and we almost backed out of it, but they assured us it would be OK. We went ahead with it but opted for the 100m line that was cheaper also. It was much more beautiful in Bora Bora than Moorea had been. We zig-zagged upwind and only travelled about 1/2 mile in 20 minutes because of the headwind. We saw a huge manta ray just below us. It was truly amazing. It was so peaceful you could hear the tires on the road of the cars driving the road around the island. Afterwards they told us to take Le Truck back to the docks. We rode with cruise director JJ who was going back there also. We paid the Le Truck driver and were on our own. The only issue is nobody had ever taken our money. We went back to the dock and sought out the booth where we first contacted the guy and told him we still needed to pay. We were almost sorry we did because he didn't have the payment chart we had earlier and he wanted to charge us more yet. We finally got him to agree to the price we had seen at the dock earlier, and then gave him a 10% discount coupon we had gotten at tahititraveler.com or somewhere.

Moral of the story: Agree on a price via email and print and bring the email with you. If you don't have strong feelings about karma, honesty, what goes around comes around you may even get the ride for free!

San Diego Boyd (AIM)

You never know which will be the last time you ever do anything in your life. Make the most of every experience as if it is the last time.

Tahitian Princess 5/27/2004

Thank you, SunGirl,

I'm gonna have to book me some of that Jimmy Buffet stuff. Everyone keeps quoting it so it should get me in the mood (like I'm not in the mood). My Grandson is also 15 and if he were on this cruise, I know he would be my partner. From the other replies, it seems there is a great divergence in rates and perhaps it is negotiable. I know that providers often fail to keep their websites updated. Thanks for your help.

Ia ora na, Mr. Boyd,

Thank you for relating your experiences. Now I want to do it on both islands also. Is there only one company on each (BoB and Moorea) offering it? Printing the website information is a Great idea. Your description is just delicious. I always enjoy your posts.

GizmoDoggie,

I wonder why Princess doesn't offer it? Maybe because it is a For Sale business, a viable contract cannot be negotiated.

I appreciate everyone's help, and I am becoming more and more excited thinking and dreaming of all this lovliness.

Ia Orana Princess Di

You can find a lot of coupons right here including the 10% off on Bora Bora parasailing. Looking at the link to Bora Bora Parasailing I can see it really was 2003 prices. Don't print that page. Get an agreement over email and print that. I never tried to bargain in FP because I have read in a book and on CC.com that they consider it very rude.

I don't know if they are the only two companies or not. I think I read there is only one company on Bora Bora, but there may be more on Moorea and other islands.

Nana,

San Diego Boyd (AIM)

You never know which will be the last time you ever do anything in your life. Make the most of every experience as if it is the last time.

Thank you, Boyd. The coupons are a great way to advertise and I have printed them. One of my many folders. Thanks for the reminder. Today, I need to e-mail them for a booking and confirmation. Everyone's help certainly adds to a pleasurable cruise.

Princess Di - I have enjoyed and benefited from your postings also. There are many CC'ers that I owe a lot to that helped us out tremendously on our trip. I just hope I can help out a few others and then get helped again once we start working on our next cruise.

I hope you enjoy parasailing if you go through with it, and don't let fears keep you from it. Only the first 50 feet are scary, and after that pure bliss.

San Diego Boyd (AIM)

Archived