Sign in to follow this  
Mr and Mrs C

Day use hotels?

Last year I used a day use hotel in Fort Lauderdale as my flight after my cruise wasn't until later in the evening. Is there something like that offered at any of the hotels in New Orleans?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you are still looking, you might check www.hotelsbyday.com

We haven’t booked through this website before, but they show a hotel with day rooms available for the day we arrive back in New Orleans (not too far from the port) so we may try them. The hotel would be only a little more expensive than checking bags at the cruise port for delivery to the airport. It might make some sense for us, since we have almost a full day in town before our flight home and that’s longer than I want to be sightseeing.

I believe that it is not legal in New Orleans to rent a hotel room for less than a day due to the fact that hotels that did this kind of business were sleazy, run down places, dealing with less than respectable persons.

Generally any hotel from high end to low end will do this- and no, it's not illegal. Major brands have different rules- if a hotel is a certain percentage full sometimes it will not be available. None of this can be booked online (unless you book an overnight and just use it for the day). Call the hotel direct. I've used a day room at the Ritz when I needed a place to work before a late flight home and it was I believe half off the going rate of the day.