Overnight Bangkok

luv2bcruzng

We used BKK tours for our overnight in Bangkok. Ms Air, the owner’s wife picked us up at the pier in a large van with an excellent driver. She gave us a great tour in Bangkok. The company recommended several hotels that would be convenient for drop off and pick up the next day. This was the only portion that was not included in the price. The second day we went to Ayuthaya and an elephant preserve. The tours and guide and food were the best.

We also used BKK tours - loved them! We were on Azamara and did a one day tour with some fellow passengers. One of the other passengers arranged - and they did another tour on the second day but we did our own thing. We did the Bangkok highlights tour https://bangkok.tours/

(I think the 2nd day tour was the Railroads/Floating markets)

Husband & I loved the longtail boat tour best, probably. I also loved the flower market. Lots of time spent in the temples. I enjoy a good temple, but they do look the same after a while, and because we were in town just a couple months after the death of the King, there were tremendous crowds everywhere but especially at the Grand Palace where he was lying in State and being visited.

We also used BKK tours - loved them! We were on Azamara and did a one day tour with some fellow passengers. One of the other passengers arranged - and they did another tour on the second day but we did our own thing. We did the Bangkok highlights tour https://bangkok.tours/

Sorry to jump in on this thread, but I have a question for Hoyaheel, Janice621, and anyone else that's used BKK Tours. It looks from their website that they require full payment when booking. Was this the case for you? I don't mind paying a reasonable deposit upfront, but wouldn't be too thrilled about paying the entire amount, which could be substantial for a group on a 2-day tour, many months in advance.

We booked with BKK Tours for our upcoming cruise in January. This is the payment information we've received from BKK:

As we do not ask for a deposit, the price per person will be based on the final group size on the tour. If you'd like to have a guaranteed price when other participants cancel, then we could discuss an arrangement where every participant pays a deposit (which will be returned if replacement can be found).

Payment can be accepted in the following ways:

Cash in Thai Baht during tour, no prepayment needed. Our guides can assist in visiting an ATM or a bank for exchange during tour if needed, please be aware that banks may refuse old and damaged foreign currency.With credit card at our office during the tour, we can accept MasterCard and Visa. (card needs to have a chip / 3% service charges are applicable)If you book a private tour for yourself we suggest using the booking process on our website, when you pay online a 2.5% discount will be applied automatically. (advance payment discount only for private tours, not for small joined groups)

We booked with BKK Tours for our upcoming cruise in January. This is the payment information we've received from BKK:

As we do not ask for a deposit, the price per person will be based on the final group size on the tour. If you'd like to have a guaranteed price when other participants cancel, then we could discuss an arrangement where every participant pays a deposit (which will be returned if replacement can be found).

Payment can be accepted in the following ways:

Cash in Thai Baht during tour, no prepayment needed. Our guides can assist in visiting an ATM or a bank for exchange during tour if needed, please be aware that banks may refuse old and damaged foreign currency.With credit card at our office during the tour, we can accept MasterCard and Visa. (card needs to have a chip / 3% service charges are applicable)If you book a private tour for yourself we suggest using the booking process on our website, when you pay online a 2.5% discount will be applied automatically. (advance payment discount only for private tours, not for small joined groups)

Thanks very much for the clarification. I checked again on their website and did a mock booking....you are absolutely right. We'll leave BKK tours in our short-list of potential tour operators for Bangkok. They've received very positive reviews. Tough choice though as there are a few highly recommended tour operators to choose from. :confused:

We did not pay anything in advance. On the first day of our tour, Michel met us at the restaurant we had lunch. You could pay with local currency or he had a credit card machine. He did not accept American Express. It was very convenient for all of us.