Cirque Dreams on Getaway

Nebr.cruiser

If doing the Cirque dreams dinner show on the Getaway is the banquet seating fine, or is the floor seating a lot better.

Last year when they had the Illusionarium advice here said the banquet seating was fine; when we got there we immediately knew we'd prefer the floor seating. Luckily, we were able to upgrade on the spot.

Which would be best? With the Cirque show does it matter much?

We were on the Getaway a few weeks ago out of Copenhagen to The Baltic’s. We paid the higher price and had floor seating. Generally most floor tables run perpendicular to the stage, so you are looking to your right or left depending on which side of the table you are sitting. My wife and I happened to get seated next to each other right at the stage which was wonderful. There are about 10 people sitting at each banquet table on the floor.

What they call “Banquet Seating” to me is very similar to Vegas seating or in some dinner theaters where you are sitting on a curved 90 degree padded couch. Guess the biggest difference is that all these tables are in the very back of the theatre.

But the Illusionarium Theatre is not real large. In some ways, the line of sight from the rear of the theatre may be better..

Guess, it’s all a matter of preference. The show is great, and the food is wonderful, and the food servers all did a terrific job! It was well worth the cost to us.

But even though our seats were right up front in the center, if and when we return to see the show just think we’d try sitting in the back.

As you know there are not reserved seating for any show, so to get the best seats would suggest you try and get to the theatre at least 1/2 hour before they opened the doors for seating.

We got there and were about the 10th in line; when they started seating my guess was approximately 50 people were in line.

We got there quite early for the Illusionarium; even though we had booked banquet sets we were able to change when inside and got great seats right in the first row. So close, in fact, that we could see how a couple of the magic tricks were done.

So we will be sure to get there early.