Countdown clock

huskerdude

I have noticed that the cruise count down clock I had does not work any more. I've also seen quite a few signatures that show the same thing mine did. "unable to open config file for reading" Anyone know what happened? I have seen some other count down clocks that seem to be working fine, but they are not the one I like.

I have noticed that the cruise count down clock I had does not work any more. I've also seen quite a few signatures that show the same thing mine did. "unable to open config file for reading" Anyone know what happened? I have seen some other count down clocks that seem to be working fine, but they are not the one I like.

My son (who also posts on this board), told me the website that you would go to get them at went out of business. Thats why you are seeing so much "unable to open config file for reading" on alot of people's signatures. The company is no longer around sadly. I took mine off my signature. I miss it. Just will have to watch my little sailboat sliding closer to my sail date!!

My son (who also posts on this board), told me the website that you would go to get them at went out of business. Thats why you are seeing so much "unable to open config file for reading" on alot of people's signatures. The company is no longer around sadly. I took mine off my signature. I miss it. Just will have to watch my little sailboat sliding closer to my sail date!!

Karen, Thanks for the info on that. I know it's not a huge deal but I still like seeing the number of days & hours we have left until we cruise instead of the little boat, or fish. (I see you are getting close to your sail date)

Also noticed that you live in the same city as we do, so I guess I can say howdy neighbor.

Don't know if you are aware but we do have a link in the Floataway lounge for people who like to cruise that live in the DFW area. Here's a link if you are interested.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=44223

I didn't even notice you were from Arlington! So "howdy" to you too! Thanks for the link, I will check it out! Yes, I miss the countdown clock too. We are counting the days til we sail! There will be 7 of us in the Royal Family Suite on Rhapsody. Can't wait!

Karen :D

I'm having trouble establishing a new countdown clock on tickerfactory.com

For some reason, when I copy the formula into my signature, that's what my signature becomes - the formula.

And, I would also like to put in a marquee scroll after the countdown - which would work, but the countdown clock does not.

Any help from you more experienced users would be appreciated.

Thanks.

I'm having trouble establishing a new countdown clock on tickerfactory.com

For some reason, when I copy the formula into my signature, that's what my signature becomes - the formula.

And, I would also like to put in a marquee scroll after the countdown - which would work, but the countdown clock does not.

Any help from you more experienced users would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Same for me too. Just formula. No ticker or picture.

Hi All

For all of you who want the old type clock working again (like the one in my sig)here is the link

http://www.echlforums.com/clock.htm and input your information again. Make sure you select the UBB code to copy/paste into your sig line.

Regards

royhand.gif

Roy,

Thanks for the link to the countdown clock.

I feel much better now.:)

Huskerdude - Thanks for the info on restoring my countdown.

Truffles2 - How have you been? We are sailing February11, 2006 on the Legend to the Western Caribbean and also on November 5, 2006 on the Freedom. Both are just get away cruises since we do not have much vacation time in 2006. I'm celebrating a significant birthday on the February cruise and celebrating my sister and brother in law's 30th wedding anniversary on the November cruise.

We plan to do something big in 2007 - maybe a back-to-back from Alaska to Hawaii - if RCCL ever gets their 2007 calendar out soon. Or we are considering the Panama Canal itinerary from Los Angeles through the canal ending up in Miami. The Baltic is also an option.

Have a wonderful Christmas and a very Happy New Year!

Thanks for the link to the countdown clock! I really like this one much better! The other ones I had were cute, but take up so much room!

ebielik - One thing to consider if you are planning a Alaska/Hawaii trip is the 'extra' luggage you'll need for the two different weather types. I didn't really think about it when I planned my holiday trip a couple of weeks ago, we went to visit family in PA and then to the caribbean, we needed a few extra bags of luggage to compensate! Although we had a terrific time....just bring along enough cash to tip all the porters you'll need!

Let's hope this works! I do miss watching the countdown! Thx.

Still coded...oops. Now what did I do wrong? Duhhh.

Hi

Just insert

http://www.echlforums.com/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2006;9;17;12;00;00&timezone=GMT-1000

as an image to your sig and that should look like this countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2006;9;17;12;00;00&timezone=GMT-1000

Regards

royhand.gif

Yeah! Redid this, 4th time & it worked! My son says I give off bad vibes to computers and it must be so! Thx! Don't have the smiley but I can live without that...not about to mess w/this again!

Roy, I even copied & pasted what you had & it's exactly the same thing. Seems like originally there was something we had to be sure was turned on but there're no other choices that I can see. I even tried clk on "image code" icon above the sign. box but it gave the same code again. Is there another icon or box I'm missing?

Archived