Live Grandeur 10/28/17- 12 day Baltimore/S. Caribbean

DaisyL

What St.Kitts excursion did you do and where was the meeting point?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We took the Island Tour and Rum Tasting. It was fairly inexpensive, $59 p/p, but the tour was very short. Took us to the Fairview House and Gardens. It's a restored plantation and rum tasting was at the end. I'll keep it a surprise but I highly recommend it. The hostess and the van driver were very good. The had us meet on the pier and they had folding chairs set up under a tent, to wait. The van was comfortable with AC.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We were on the Grandeur a few years ago on the same deck as the Centrum (4?), oceanview, port side about 3 or 4 cabins forward. We too, were concerned about the noise level. It was a non issue. Didn't here a thing from the bar or the band. Actually, the Centrum was so close that we used it as our living room.

I can't imaging that Deck 7 would have any sound issues either. Do enjoy! I hope to get back to the Grandeur after its refurbishing in FEB '18.

Ahhhh Key word here was refurbishing in February 2018 for the Grandeur DaisyMae. is that what you know, anyone else able to chime in on that? We all know it's not a long dry dock process but has there been any word out on what's going to be done ?

We're booked on a 12 nighter in March.

Thanks for the help..

The captain has not sat at the special table next to us yet, but we'll need to be on better behavior when he does.

We see the captain and his family quite often around the ship and he's very friendly and approachable. One of our friends happened to be standing next to him and his family waiting for the vans for an excursion and struck up a conversation.

But on another note, found out last night that he lost his wife a few months ago. His 2 young children, elementary school age, his mother and the nanny are also along. We see them all the time.

Oh my god... we had dinner with the two of them in May and met the children. During his noontime announcements his daughter would come on the speaker and do a little advertising. How horrible, understandable why he would have his children on board with him again. They need the stability of having their father around.

Teri

Ahhhh Key word here was refurbishing in February 2018 for the Grandeur DaisyMae. is that what you know, anyone else able to chime in on that? We all know it's not a long dry dock process but has there been any word out on what's going to be done ?

We're booked on a 12 nighter in March.

Thanks for the help..

Are you on the 3 March sailing?

Humm well that's what I read too. Any others able to add anything else to this conversation.

But not getting off my original question was has anything surfaced recently on any Vision or Radiance class ships coming to their 20+ year usefullness coming to a close in 2018 or 2019?

I noticed that there are 2 docks at Martinique. Did the Grandeur dock at the wooden dock to the West or the big dock to the west. I think we are going to take the ferry across the bay and do the beach thing. I understand that they use the same ferry dock for both cruise ship docks. thanks

Mike

I noticed that there are 2 docks at Martinique. Did the Grandeur dock at the wooden dock to the West or the big dock to the west. I think we are going to take the ferry across the bay and do the beach thing. I understand that they use the same ferry dock for both cruise ship docks. thanks

Mike

We docked at the main dock with shops and restaurants nearby. Immediately off the pier are local merchants under tents. Those who got off the ship really loved it; mostly speaking to crew members. It reminded them of Europe.

We were on the Grandeur a few years ago on the same deck as the Centrum (4?), oceanview, port side about 3 or 4 cabins forward. We too, were concerned about the noise level. It was a non issue. Didn't here a thing from the bar or the band. Actually, the Centrum was so close that we used it as our living room.

I can't imaging that Deck 7 would have any sound issues either. Do enjoy! I hope to get back to the Grandeur after its refurbishing in FEB '18.

Thanks, that's good to hear. We're looking at March of 19; just waiting for the prices to (hopefully) come down a tick with a better/less fake sale.

As we were walking in we all told each other to Be Good. You see, we are the loudest but most fun table in the dining room. Our waiters and other passengers keep telling us we're so much fun. Several have said they wished they were at our table.

Of course the really nice women at the table next to us, kept instigating us to act up. We really held up well and don't think we embarrassed anyone.

The early seating had other officers and guests seated at the special table. They were served a different menu than we were but ours was quite good.

04e31fa22bee7e5f908b54e56cb45760.jpg5f173d193a72c5435bb7ff602314ecd0.jpgb5968ce181e094e33075468288136a0f.jpg

A few asked for Surf and Turf, getting both Prime Rib and one Lobster Tail. Two asked for extra lobster tails and got 3 on their plate. One ordered Lobster and got 1 tail and he ordered the tortellini dish. All was excellent!

c7f6a11ee76fa32691cd345972cbf914.jpg

The Strings group playing in the Atrium between the dining seatings. They are very good as is all the live musical performances.

Last night was Quest... A must-see for those who have not seen it before. Half our group went to Quest and the other half went to the piano bar with JR. We really enjoy his entertainment and we stayed until closing.

Our group is known as the B52s because of our love of the drink after dinner. So as a hoot, we requested Love Shack. Although he never played it before, he really did a good job with it and did a mashup with Happy. Lots of fun!

Although it was Monday night we were instructed to turn back the clocks that night getting an extra hour. I wish we would change the clocks the last night to get the extra time then. But of course it's only once a year so we benefited this week.

DaisyL which room was the Quest held in?

So...fter a small issue of the ship rockin' and rollin' all is well?

Poster said it was dry docked this past February, did you find it to hve any types of upgrades anywhere? We're on it in March.

It was held in the South Pacific Lounge and apparently jammed and hot. Even the Schooner bar was very hot.

Slight rocking after the captain maneuvered the ship between the 2 storms, that first sea day. I feel it's been normal ship movement all cruise so far but we are fine with any rocking so not a good judge.

We have never been on this ship before so I'm not sure what may have been done. But I did hear that the crack in the track was fixed....lol.

Ok the S.Pacific Lounge, makes sense largest are and on Deck 6 aft. BTW... what C&A status are you DaisyL ? We're D+ can you tell us if they're using any overflow rooms based on how many are diamond, D+ and Pinnacle on your cruise please?

Makes sense on the motion it's only 74,000 tons and by standards there will be more motion felt. If it goes into a storm there's going to be significant motion felt. Hey at least it's no longer hurricane season !

Been enjoying your recount of daily activities as well, I'm sure this goes for many others too.

T Y !