Does anyone else find

Mishelle

Michele, I have gone on Carnival four times, the last on Valor. We had several minor problems, one I felt was fairly major. I contacted my travel agent when I got home, and she told me to write a letter, and she sent it in with a letter of her own. I received a follow-up letter, and a call from Customer service, in which they asked me several questions and verified information that I had given them. I then received another letter to let me know the action that was taken, and a follow-up phone call to make sure I received the letter and again explain the action taken. I was quite pleased with the response I received, and pleased with the action taken. Maybe it had something to do with the fact that my TA sent a cover letter. Maybe it was because I put the good with the bad, but either way I was suprised with the attention that was paid with the amount of people on the ship, and the amount of complaints they must receive. Either way, my TA said a letter is always better than a phone call. Sue

Don't mean to be unkind or to be a flamer but don't care for usless whiners either.

You said you had a couple of issues, then later said that one was the Spanish speaking only leaving your son out of the action. Don't know what your other issue was but you also stated that the lack of English was what really upset you.

So there is no doubt, I love cruising, any line equally, not plus or minus for Carnival. However Carnival's customer service has been pitiful since day one.

You state that you were there when they went spanish only.

You state that the problem was first nite and your son went to the club every day and had a great time.

Why did you not complain to the counslers immediately, As in "Excuse me I don't speak spanish, could you repeat that in english?" Did you and they refused to speak english? If that was the case, you would have a very serious complaint.

I also wonder, in today's world, why a boy with the advantage of a PR father would not have the good fortune to be bi-lingual.

Sounds to me like you had a minor language problem for PART of the first nite which YOU did nothing to correct. The problem did not reoccur and the boy had a great time. Now you want Carnival to send the ship to the breakers to satisify your tiny complaint.

That's my take on this, yours is vastly different.

Dan

All complaints are insignificant UNTIL THEY AFFECT YOU! For gosh sakes, folks, why does every thread come down to responses like the previous two? I mean, c'mon Dan, you acknowledged that "Carnival's customer service has been pitiful since day one". That is all the OP needs to know.

All complaints are insignificant UNTIL THEY AFFECT YOU! For gosh sakes, folks, why does every thread come down to responses like the previous two? I mean, c'mon Dan, you acknowledged that "Carnival's customer service has been pitiful since day one". That is all the OP needs to know.

The OP ASKED if anyone else found her experience insulting. She went on to ask if anyone else had felt the same way she did. By posing these questions on a national message forum, she created a platform for many different opinions, among them that some did not find her experience worthy of the word "insulting." Some stated their opinions more bluntly than others, and some posted opinions that certainly differ from my take on the situation, but ALL are entitled to answer the question in their own way as long as they conform to the rules of the message board.

In other words, people who can't handle any possible answer shouldn't ask the question.

The first responsible party is OURSELVES. This whole thing sounds like she couda, shouda solved it on the spot herself. Instead we get to argue over nothing.

Problems happen to me same as anyone else, a service problem like this one I solve and forget.

Dan

The OP ASKED if anyone else found her experience insulting. She went on to ask if anyone else had felt the same way she did. By posing these questions on a national message forum, she created a platform for many different opinions, among them that some did not find her experience worthy of the word "insulting." Some stated their opinions more bluntly than others, and some posted opinions that certainly differ from my take on the situation, but ALL are entitled to answer the question in their own way as long as they conform to the rules of the message board.

In other words, people who can't handle any possible answer shouldn't ask the question.

I asked the question knowing how the response would go. If you go back and read I said I would be flamed. Well, not to be rude but this is America and everyone has a right to their opinion. I don't really care if anyone thinks my complaint is petty or not. I thought it was enough to complain about. It is not like I took a cruise from Spain. One day I am sure something will happen to Dan on one of his wonderful cruises and when he comes here he will meet someone just like him. My feeling aren't hurt and if you must know Dan it was my Husbands choice not to teach my son Spanish. Since I do think that this day and age it is important to be Bilingual especially where we live my son is taking Spanish is school (they start in first grade) and he will go to classes in the summer. Now that being said I will say one more rude thing and then go back to my nice self. Dan if you don't like my thread then skip it after all this is a message board (as you pointed out) that you have a choice to read and post. If you don't like what you see then go to the next message. Yes, I did ask a question and got an answer from many people that is what this board is about. It is to help people with better experience on their trips. I read the boards and reviews before I left and knew other people had problems but I chose to go anyone. That is what life is about making decisions and living with them but I do have a right to my opinion. Sorry if I offended anyone that was not my intention.

Now for the update. I called carnival today and found out that the lady who took my compliant did not write it correctly. She said I was upset about them speaking Spanish on the boat. It was taken and again and again the man who took my complaint said this is not correct. I will follow up with a letter to make sure it is written correctly. Michelle

You might not be suprised to learn that in my 65 years, not everything has gone exactly the way I woulde like it. In those cases, I solved the problems myself, failing that, I NEVER thought about going anywhere to have a pity party.

When someone complains that their stateroom toilet backed up and they had New Jersey brown trout floating down the hall. You won't find me getting on their case. A bonifide complaint is one thing. Yours was and is trivial to me.

You understandbly feel otherwise.

As a very experienced cruiser, I offer what knowledge I have willingly to newbies, cruisers or board members. But I am against political correctness and will not suffer foolishness. When I see something that is wrong in my eyes, I am blunt and do not sugar coat anything.

Have I ever been wrong? Hmmm, welllllll possibly, once. Maybe twice, but I'd rather be wrong than be wishy washy.

You think you have a valid complaint, I think its nonsense and your fault for not solving it at the time. That's 2 different opinions and we are both entitled to our own.

Dan

As long as we're not worried about political correctness, Dan, and are only too happy to be blunt...let me slightly alter one of your quotes from a prior post...

The only difference between a major complaint and a minor complaint is that a minor complaint is one that someone else has. Or so it would seem in your case.

And, it would appear that you are capable of being wrong since you had to apologize for butting in and ticking folks off on another thread.

We DO all have the right to our own opinions. It would just be nice if we all had the common sense and decency to disagree without calling each other names ("useless whiner") or using such judgemental and degrading terminology when addressing someone else's post/question. If you don't want to "suffer foolishness", why don't you just close the thread and move on?

Enough said. Not worth trying to discuss reasonably any longer.

I have just read this thread from start to finish and I have to say that the original poster was not seaking agreement from anyone that her complaint was or was not ligitamate. She just was concerned with how it was handled by Carnival. It does not matter what the complaint - to her it was valid and should have been looked into further.

That being said: I do agree it should have been handled - if possible on the ship when it was occuring - but that is not always a possible solution...so that being the case - the only thing to do is follow up with Carnival and make sure the complaint is taken correctly and the same situation does not occur again. Which the Origianal poster is just trying to do.

There should be no name calling and "flaming" - if you have nothing good to add to the conversation just do not post at all.

You might not be suprised to learn that in my 65 years, not everything has gone exactly the way I woulde like it. In those cases, I solved the problems myself, failing that, I NEVER thought about going anywhere to have a pity party.

When someone complains that their stateroom toilet backed up and they had New Jersey brown trout floating down the hall. You won't find me getting on their case. A bonifide complaint is one thing. Yours was and is trivial to me.

You understandbly feel otherwise.

As a very experienced cruiser, I offer what knowledge I have willingly to newbies, cruisers or board members. But I am against political correctness and will not suffer foolishness. When I see something that is wrong in my eyes, I am blunt and do not sugar coat anything.

Have I ever been wrong? Hmmm, welllllll possibly, once. Maybe twice, but I'd rather be wrong than be wishy washy.

You think you have a valid complaint, I think its nonsense and your fault for not solving it at the time. That's 2 different opinions and we are both entitled to our own.

Dan

Hunter's Observation on Experts:

An expert is someone with an opinion and a word processor. ;)

Not to make fun of your situation, but reading about your experience reminds me of a joke I read many many years ago. Here's how it goes:

A fellow travelling on an overnight journey in Europe, noticed there were a bunch of bugs in the bedding he had ordered. When he got home he sent in a letter to the rail company complaining about the situation. A few days later he got a personalised response from the company. In the letter, the rail company apologised for what had happened, expressing great surprise over the incident. The fellow appreciated the quick response and as he was about to return the letter back into its envelope, he saw a little note drop off from the envelope. On it was written: "send this chap the bug letter".

Thought I'd share the little humour.

This is a non-post as I'm moving on.

I want to thank many of you for not being judgemental about my posts. HA! You've painted yourselves with the same brush.

Hard not to, its just being human.:eek::)

Dan

Dan clearly can't take the heat that he can dish out so he chooses to leave the kitchen. That sure seems to put a lot a weight behind everything that he posts.

I was trying to be nice zqvol and defuse a situation before it got uglier. Once again, who is being judgemental now. You, that's who. But to me judgemental is not a bad thing, in fact its something that we humans do thousands of times per day and there's no way for us to not be judgemental. But for some really stupid or PC reason, many want to make being judgemental a bad thing.

You want to bring me some heat? Make it atomic and pack a large lunch. I'll be happy to melt your eyeballs with heat.

Or let it go now. :cool:

Dan

so it only happened on teh first night, and you didn't speak to anybody there at the time, yet the rest of teh cruise, activities were conducted in both English and Spanish.... hmmm, seems to me like they corrected the problem. If you didn't speak up at the time, how were they to know you had a problem.

[quote name='owynn']so it only happened on teh first night, and you didn't speak to anybody there at the time, yet the rest of teh cruise, activities were conducted in both English and Spanish.... hmmm, seems to me like they corrected the problem. If you didn't speak up at the time, how were they to know you had a problem.[/QUOTE]

Owynn, I am not being rude but if you read my post I said I unable to address the situation when it was happening. I am sorry I caused such a debate. Michelle

Archived