MCO - Port canaveral Hotel Package

Buckscuffle

Trying to figure out a hotel for our cruise in two weeks. I found a Hampton Inn near MCO that has this package:

Ā 

Rate Details Port Canaveral Pkg

Ā 

Book this package and enjoy accommodations at the Hampton Inn Orlando Airport at Gateway Village, plus transportation for two adults to and from Port Canaveral(Additional passengers $50 per person).

Ā 

It is $100 over the room package. I am going to call them tomorrow to see what the arrival time and shuttle/service is for leaving as well as returning. They offer free airport shuttles, so I'm hoping we can utilize this on the way back to the airport on the return from the cruise.

Ā 

Any thoughts or experience?

Lots of shuttles will get you to/from PC for about $20-25 per person each way. Better yet, it is easy to rent a car one-way (MCO to PC), allowing you to stay where you want and dine where you want. Drop the car off the morning of your cruise and ride the rental agency's free shuttle to the port.

Ā 

Post cruise I would use a shuttle (Cortrans or Cocoa Beach) -- unless your flight leaves after about 1:30 or so you don't have the time to mess around with another one-way rental.

I have booked a fly, park and cruise package as well with a hotel in Port Canaveral area. The shuttle company I was going to use if I had booked separately was $116 for round trip MCO so your package being $100 over room rate is saving a little bit. My husband doesn't want to have to bother with renting a car, driving an unknown route and returning the car, would much rather jump in a shuttle and get dropped off 45 minutes later šŸ˜„