Buying Cigars on ship

Izzo9

Should I buy my Stoogies on the ship or bring them? Is there a snipping fee?

Don't know what ship you're on but I would recommend bringing your own. Price is one reason but condition is another. I don't think many of the humidors onboard have been properly maintained. The selection is never that great either.

There is no snipping fee. You might even have trouble finding anyone with a cutter.

And "The Cigar Lounge?" Ha! They should just rename them "The Cigarette Lounge" because almost everyone in there is smoking cigarettes, not cigars. The signs on some of the doors still say "Cigar Smoking Only"...but NCL gave up enforcing that years ago.

Don't know what ship you're on but I would recommend bringing your own. Price is one reason but condition is another. I don't think many of the humidors onboard have been properly maintained. The selection is never that great either.

There is no snipping fee. You might even have trouble finding anyone with a cutter.

And "The Cigar Lounge?" Ha! They should just rename them "The Cigarette Lounge" because almost everyone in there is smoking cigarettes, not cigars. The signs on some of the doors still say "Cigar Smoking Only"...but NCL gave up enforcing that years ago.

TexasCigarGuy pretty much summed it up. We were on the Gem in June. As a last night of the cruise treat I went down and got a cigar and a Patron Silver from the bar next to the cigar lounge. Cigar selection was pretty small but at least the one I got wasn't dried out. I got a Romeo Y Julieta 1875. I think it cost around $11 or so for the stick.

Had to get a guillotine and matches from the bar as well. More cigarette smokers coming and going than cigar smokers hanging out.

If you plan to have several cigars over the length of the cruise you'd be better off bringing your own supply IMO.aa14f396572d16ea94929101c3f35cb7.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Bring your own! I usually bring mine in a travel humidor. I avoid the cigar lounge because the atmosphere is spoiled by all the cigarette smoke! I usually would go to the upper deck bars which usually had ashtrays on the starboard side of the ship. Sort of like "Cigars Under the Stars"!;)