Best Key Lime Pie?

allen.crawford

On 4/21/2010 at 6:35 AM, bhopal21 said:

I've done a lot of reading about the best Key Lime Pie in Key West and have narrowed it down to 5 with the 1st 3 the probable's. Thoughts?

Mattheeson’s (X-2)

Key West Key Lime Pie

Kermit’s Lime Pie

Blue Heaven (however really looking more for a walk-in shop)

Blond Giraffe, Unfortunately needs to be in Key West

Thanks, RedRover

On 4/21/2010 at 6:35 AM, bhopal21 said:

I've done a lot of reading about the best Key Lime Pie in Key West and have narrowed it down to 5 with the 1st 3 the probable's. Thoughts?

Mattheeson’s (X-2)

Key West Key Lime Pie

Kermit’s Lime Pie

Blue Heaven (however really looking more for a walk-in shop)

Blond Giraffe, Unfortunately needs to be in Key West

Thanks, RedRover

This will be controversial, but Costco sells one heck of a Key Lime Pie.

When I was a Scoutmaster for a Boy Scout Troop, we'd go camping in the winter in the Keys with about 30 Scouts, and rather than buy Key Lime Pies in the islands, we'd pick up pies at Costco and bring them down with us. 

They are huge, and they are delicious, and they are inexpensive.  I could get 2 or 3 pies and have enough for the entire Troop.

PS:  Would do the same with Costco pumpkin pies on our October camping trips.

We love Costco!  However don't think there is one on Key West, especially close to the cruise ship terminal 😏  We are sailing out of Tampa, maybe go by the Costco to see if they are sampling Key Lime Pie 😄  I was never a scout master however my contribution to the camping trips was I cooked for the scout leaders.  They said it was hard to go home from a trip explaining to their spouses why they gained weight!!! My scout name from the leaders was "Honey" !!!

3 hours ago, RedRover96 said:

We love Costco!  However don't think there is one on Key West, especially close to the cruise ship terminal 😏  We are sailing out of Tampa, maybe go by the Costco to see if they are sampling Key Lime Pie 😄  I was never a scout master however my contribution to the camping trips was I cooked for the scout leaders.  They said it was hard to go home from a trip explaining to their spouses why they gained weight!!! My scout name from the leaders was "Honey" !!!

Ha!  We had a similar guy (He was one of the Scout Leaders, and we designated him the "Grubmaster").  He'd give cooking demonstrations and lessons to the Scouts (and he was a merit badge counselor for the Cooking Merit Badge - an Eagle required badge).

I used to try to stump the Grubmaster with demands for special requests:  Beef Wellington, Rack of Lamb, etc.  He'd always make them.   I told him one time I wanted duck a l'orange and floating islands for dessert - By God, he made it, along with a French onion tart.

Yeah, there's no Costco in Key West.  Nowhere in the Keys.