More U. S. Ports, Please

e3g

We would love to do a cruise with MSC. As international travelers (38 countries), we love an international vibe. I'm sure there are many Westerners who would like to try MSC but Miami or FFL doesn't work well for us.

Any rumors about another port (New Orleans, Galveston, LA)?

I don't know about any plans to expand to other ports.

However, because MSC does market to a good percentage of international travelers on each sailing, I would think major considerations for MSC are the availability of an international airport and distance from that airport to the port.

And unless MSC plans to bring smaller ships to the US market, ports that can accommodate their mega ships is a consideration for both embarkation and itinerary. At this point, the restriction for cruise itineraries is similar to that of RCI's Beehives of the Seas and NCL's jumbo sardine ships.

Purely from a UK perspective, Miami & FLL are by far the easiest (and most cost effective) ports to get to. I'm sure that's true for the majority of Europeans, which MSC will know. New York is perhaps an exception, but in winter we would lose days of good weather sailing south and back north again so I wouldn't chose one that left from there except in summer.

However the bigger the fleet gets, the more scope there is for different departure ports I'd suspect.

Captain John,

I completely agree with your logic, Sir. Just use that same logic for a huge part of the U.S. and you'll get my point. There are many MSC ships ported in Europe. Yes, must admit to a bit of jealousy here. :)

Just let us have one for a western port. All I need is white shoes and I'll be ready for White Night.