Mille Cabin 6146---Things to be Aware Of

kitty9

Cabin 6146 is the SS next to the Penthouse. It's a very popular cabin that's booked as one of the very firsts. I just spent a week in that cabin, and while it's a great cabin for many reasons, there are a few problems you need to be aware of. First, the closet is tiny, tiny, tiny. For two people, doing a cruise longer than 7 days, it will be a problem. A second, and really big problem is there isn't one US type electrical outlet in the cabin that's easily accessible. There's a Euro outlet by the desk and that's it. There is one US outlet in the bathroom, but don't try to plug anything more powerful than a shaver or electric toothbrush into that outlet. I spoke to my butler, and he said there was an outlet behind the TV cabinet, and he had to rig a long extension cord from there, around one half of the cabin and over to the desk, and that's what I had to use for blow dryers, electric curlers and battery chargers. Whomever designed this cabin made a big mistake by not having both types of outlets at the desk. Another problem is lighting. For us ladies who need good lights for our makeup and hairdos, this isn't the room for us. Lighting is very weak and it was tough to get ready in the evening as both the lights in the bathroom and bedroom were very dim.

But, there are some really good things about this cabin. The bathroom is huge !!!! It's also a great choice for someone who walks with a cane or walker as there isn't a step into the bathroom, like there is in most other cabins. But, it's not a good cabin for anyone in a wheelchair. The bathroom has a full-size tub, separate shower and two sinks.

The balcony is really large, but there's not enough chairs or anything on it. Two small chairs and a footstool, but no table of any kind.

There's a nice sized TV in a cabinet, a VCR and frig with soda, beer and snacks, all for a charge. The bed is comfortable and there's a sofa and a side chair.

All in all, it's a nice cabin, but not for a cruise longer than 7 days, mostly because of a lack of storage space.

It's much smaller than the closet I had in SS 6128 on the Summit, so I assume it to be smaller than the closets in most other SS. In 6146 it's just one small area for hanging clothes, which appears to be less than 3 feet in length. At the other half of the sliding door, it's shelves, with one of the shelves being taken up by the safe, so you basically had only three shelves that were no more than 20" wide.

Having stayed in this cabin twice, I agree about the closet size with the original poster. The bathroom is great as is the interior woods and outside deck. One other potential problem is the connecting door. You can hear just about everything from the Penthouse. I put a towel at the base of the door and that took care of it. I would still seek out this SS if I could. It's a good way to get invited to the Penthouse parties, too. Michael

We just sailed on the Summit and had 6145 for 14 days. I found the cabin to be absolutely wonderful. While the closet was smaller than in other cabins we've had, we immediately took the robes and hung them in the bathroom, relocated the life preservers to under one of the sinks in the bathroom, and had ample space for both of us. (Knowing the closet was smaller, we had brought hangers with us - the thin kind for shirts etc - by removing the heavy hangers that were in the closet we increased the amount of hanging space considerably.) On the Summit there was a US electric outlet on the desk - again, we planned ahead and brought a plug allowing us to plug in 2 things at once, like my laptop and Jim's cell phone or Ipod etc. We also used it for my hair dryer and steamer. No problems at all.

The folks next door in the Penthouse were great - we only really heard them once when they had a party. I am an incredibly light sleeper and I had no problems with noise.

The bathroom is fabulous - the best I've ever seen on a ship (except for the Penthouse suite). THe size of the cabin itself is more than ample, larger than other Sky Suites - you won't bump into furniture when you move around. We knew we would have a DVD player instead of a VCR so we again planned ahead and brought some movies and recorded TV shows we wanted to watch if we had any down time. WHen the DVD player broke, they immediately brought a brand new one that had slots for 5 DVDs. It was great to have on some of the evenings when we didn't feel like partying.

We had loungers, a table and 2 chairs on the balcony. No problem there either.

While each person's taste is different, and I can only speak for me, I am convinced that should we travel on a Millennium class ship again we will make sure to grab one of these cabins. We loved it.

abby

Kitty9: Would you take the cabin again on a 10 day cruise?

We're booked in it for our 2007 Connie cruise, we BRIEFLY looked over the Summit's 6145 and thought it looked great.

Also - in an earlier post you said you'd post some pictures - any chance?

Agree with "Cruiseyguy". No way a cruise line would take a cabin out of circulation for 7 days without a deposit. We have two cabins on hold, both with deposits for two separate Hawaiian dates until we make up our minds. Would never think that these would be held without some sort of deposit.The longest an agent has ever held for me without a deposit is a day.

Thanks for the picture reference - although I saw this before. We're holding onto our 6145 reservation for the Connie in 2007, but still like talking about it and seeing more. This will be our first time in a room above a CC room on Celebrity.

Do you think closet is smaller than a standard CC room - or comparable?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, Jumping into this thread. We stayed in 6145 on the Infinity and liked it a lot. The negatives as far as we are concerned are: 1) no whirlpool tub, only a standard tub 2) the door to the balcony is only a standard door and the cabin is noticeably darker than the SS with the sliding doors 3) it is all the way to the back of the ship, far away from the stairs and elevators and you do feel the motion of the ship more. My mom, in SS6146, and my husband were both seasick for the first time ever on a cruise. They both were "down" for a couple of days. That surprised all of us because the ship was not in rough seas. Our butler said that he noticed that some people really fell it more on the back end of the ship.

The cabin is beautiful and a little larger (especially the bathroom) but I am not sure if we would pick it again because of the reasons above. And of course any of the SS cabins are wonderful! SS 6131 and 6132 both have larger balconies and are in gret locations.

Hope this helps.

Debbi

Oops, almost forgot to add that the closets are a lot smaller. Even with the smaller hangers we bought from home we did not have enough room to hang up our clothes and my husband's tuxedo. We don't pack too heavy but for a 2 week cruise it was hard. We had to hang my dresses and his tuxedo out in the cabin. This is not a "deal breaker" but it is something to consider if you have choices.

Debbi

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I've read on these threads that the 6145/6146 closets are smaller than other suites, but how do they compare to Celebrity non-suite staterooms on the M-class ships. We've been in CC rooms on our past cruises, so that's what we have to compare with.

Archived