recent B2B discounts

macsford

I have done b2b on Celebrity and never got any discount. It seemed like there should have been something. Some folks got free bag of laundry and an invite to the MDR lunch. That didn't interest me as I am elite plus. The turn around day on Celebrity changes usual timings and limits venues. No room service. Early breakfast. Had to wait for the ship to zero from the previous cruise before giving us a new seapass and taking a picture. Although it wasn't terrible, it wasn't the same as the usual cruise day. Celebrity should take a lesson from Windstar who does not change the usual schedule and offers 5% discount on each cruise, even more if you do B2b2B. No need for a new seapass or a new photo. You have one booking number. Everything is seamless. The people who end the cruise leave, those b2b stay or go off in port, and new people board. Stay on 14 nights or more, you get free laundry (everyday including the last day), and OBC.

We have booked directly with Celebrity in the UK , B2B for May 2018 Alaska. I spoke to the agent today and requested the B2B discount which I believe to be $50 for each cruise. I think I have seen posts from the UK as well as USA about this.

She tried to help and spoke to her manager who offered only £32 on the second cruise, nothing on the first.

This £32 represents an exchange rate of $1.56 to the £ (I wish !.....the tourist rate is around $1.32 so it really equates to a total of just over $42).

When I quoted posts on CC she said that it no longer applies and the £32 is all they can offer. Also they will not refer to $s. It's not much money in terms of the whole trip but I would of course like to be offered what I believe to be the same as others.

Can anyone quote a recent experience with a B2B discount, please? Thank you in advance.

B2B discount last year in Alaska. Also applied to our 2018 b2b (Med + TA). Maybe on 2019 b2b but don’t recall for certain.

Stan

Sent from my iPad using Forums