Going to take Bonine.

I have decided to use Bonine to help me not get sea sick. I have heard some people say they take it in the morning and some at night. I was just wondering it there was any reason some people take it at night (side effects)?

I took bonine every night on our cruise. The first time I took it, was around 4pm and by 8pm at dinner I was fading fast.....it says on the package it can make you drowsy- and in my case it did! :rolleyes: I'm planning to take it again next month......right before bed! Works like a charm to ward off seasickness :)

I always take 1 bonnine each morning and have never had drowsy symptoms. Drammamine on the other hand does make me drowsy. It will work for 24 hrs.

Lojill- really no need to get bonnine into your system much ahead of time. I would take it the morning of your cruise and you should be fine.

Also you can get it for free on the ship, at the pursers desk I believe. It is generic bonnine- mescaline.

Funcruiser

Bonine doesn't make me sleepy, but it might make you sleepy the first couple of days. I would start taking it a few days before the cruise just so you'll know how you react to it. If it makes you sleepy, take it at night. For no reason I can recall, I prefer to take mine in the morning but if the seas get rough, I take a second one later in the day.

I always wear the "patch". It's by perscription from your Dr. and I have had nothing but good luck with it. I am very prone to motion sickness, and knock on wood it's worked every time. You may also want to talk to your Dr. and see if that option would be good for you or not. I have never been tired from using it. Have a great cruise!

Darn and poooooey. I misread the thread as "Going to take Bonnie" I was about to start packing. :(

I'm sorry Bonnie. If you want to drive down to Galveston on Sunday, we can see if you'll fit into my suitcase. Of course, you know there won't be much room left after my shoes.

Archived