Review of Royal Princess 11/30/17 to 12/10/17 with lots of photographs

Cuizer2

cruizer 2

Nice write-up and great photos.

We had a short five day cruise on the Royal from 11/25 to 11/30

The meal from the Chef's Table was outstanding and I felt the experience was worth the money. They told us that table cost over two million dollars. The meal began in the kitchen with champagne and Hors d'oeuvre for the first half hour and then moved to the chef's Table. Note the size of the lobster tail. This had to be one of the best meals that I ever had in my life.

Total meal time was three and a half hours including all the special deserts.

38764744221_64a2e70aaf_z.jpgChef's Table_3467 - Copy by Howard

I also took the Ultimate Ships Tour which last three hours and concludes with a trip to the bridge to meet the captain.

Howard

Some great info there - thank you. However, I am not enough of a foodie to spend the kind of money that the Chef's Table cost. In fact, Carnival and Royal Caribbean have raised the prices of their specialty restaurants to the point I don't eat there either. Princess' steakhouse is still reasonably priced, so I ate their twice this cruise.

I am able to take bridge tours for free on Royal Caribbean. The bridge is my main interest, thought I might go for a behind the scenes tour of the theater one time.

this ship has no forward observation deck.

I have to agree with you about the lack of a forward viewing lounge a la Crows Nest (Hal) and Skylounge ( celebrity).

So are there no forward-facing lounges or also no forward-facing outside viewing areas? It seemed like from one photo there was a forward-facing outside viewing area directly above the bridge. I prefer the outside viewing areas that are free from glass.

Thanks for any input.

So are there no forward-facing lounges or also no forward-facing outside viewing areas? It seemed like from one photo there was a forward-facing outside viewing area directly above the bridge. I prefer the outside viewing areas that are free from glass.

Thanks for any input.

Yes, if you PAY for the privilege of being in the Sanctuary (which does have glass).

Or, you might be referring to the picture of the Crown, which does have a forward observation deck just above the bridge.

If you are referring to the photo below, that is a picture of the Crown Princess I took while standing on the upper deck of the Royal Princess ...

i-njnDTsJ-L.jpg

Edited by Cuizer2

Cuizer2, you are a talented writer with a good sense of dry humor. Ever write professionally? Thank you for making this thread so enjoyable.

Depends on what you consider to be, "writing professionally". As part of my job I write a lot of letters that are sent to people who work at different companies than I work for. These are not short letters. Typically 17 to 22 pages, some exceed 50 pages. Is that considered "writing professionally"?