Evergreen or TravelMarvel - Budapest to Amsterdam in May 2019

Racr

Hi

I am just planning our first cruise and have decided on a river cruise through Europe. From all the helpful information on Cruise Critic and others, it has come down to two different cruise companies; Evergreen (Yes I know, part of Scenic who have had their issues) and TravelMarvel.

I have costings from Evergreen and going on the 2018 prices from TravelMarvel, they are pretty similar, so it comes down to who provides the better service. :confused:

Although I have read up a bit, would appreciate my fellow travellers thoughts on the reasons why you would choose one over the other. :)

Thanks

Roger

I have not cruised with Evergreen so can not comment on them but I have cruised with Travelmarvel on a 7 day Romantic Danube cruise in July 2015. We also did a 6 day pre-cruise extension of Eastern Europe (Berlin, Warsaw and Krakow) and 4 day post-cruise extension in Prague with them. Though I have only done two river cruises and one was many, many years ago in Egypt, I was very impressed with Travelmarvel. They are owned by APT an Australian travel company and are marketed as the four star version compared to the five star APT version. We were very happy with their organisation, hotels, buses and tours. We travelled on Travelmarvel Sapphire which is an older ship but was very comfortable. Our cabin was a Category A French Balcony on the Rhine deck and though compact had plenty of storage and was very comfortable. The food was very good and we never lacked for something good to choose at meal times. Wine or beer or soft drinks were included at lunch and dinner but you had to purchase drinks at other times. Bottled water was supplied in our cabin every day. The crew were exceptional - the best I have had on any cruise. They were helpful, friendly and cheerful and we received great service. There was not much evening entertainment but we preferred to sit on the sun deck with a glass of wine and watch the world go by. The cruise director was very good and the included tours were basic but enjoyable. We often left the tours to do our own sightseeing which was not a problem as long as we informed the tour guide that we were leaving the tour. We had a wonderful time and would not hesitate to cruise with Travelmarvel again.

Sent from my A1601 using Forums mobile app

Edited by PurpleTraveller