Shopping

kshees

We are heading to St Marteen next week on Disney and there isn't anything that is jumping out at us is there shopping at the port? Or close by? We have been there a couple of times but I don't remember because we always did a tour. Thanks

Please see my tri report on this forum for a detailed report, but bottom line, is that there is local shopping at the end of the pier, and much more downtown that can be reached by the water taxi. More is being opened every day, and I felt safe.

Regards,

Mike

Actually I like this area for shopping.

The downtown areas is about a 20 minute walk from the port with lots of shops and a wide range of items and at the port are various stores. I prefer the downtown area and think the stores are quite nice.

Keith

I agree with Keith. Walk down to Front St and the boardwalk area. There are now kiosks with touristy stuff on the beach as well since the souvenir market is not up and running. Restaurants are also up and running.

I ordered "St. Maarten strong shirts" on line. Perhaps they have a booth up near the port as well. I think that would make a great souvenir.