Restaurants in Mazatlan & Cabo San Lucas - Help!

BettyFB

My husband and I will be sailing on the Diamond Princess the week of Oct 23. We are planning on having lunch in each our our ports. We have a restaurant picked out in Puerto Vallarta, but don't have a clue about good places in Mazatlan & Cabo. We are interested in either mexican and/or seafood. Your help will be greatly appreciated!

My favorite in Mazatlan is Tony´s on the beach (between caravelle and fiesta inn hotels). It has great food (lobster, jumbo shrimp, mexican food, etc.), excellent view (the beach) and is run by a family. Take a taxi there from the ship. It should take around 20 minutes. Have a great lunch!

Frank

Saludos desde Mazatlan

We are planning on eating at the Blue Shrimp in PV. I saw quite a few people recommending this restaurant on various sites (Frommers, Cruise Critic, etc). The coconut shrimp sounds expecially good! What are your thoughts?

We went to Tonys on the beach the last time we were in Mazatlan and it is great. The platter with 2 lobsters and 6 Jumbo shrimp were around $35 us and they even gave us a tortilla soup and a Pacifico beer each with it. It was for the two of us.

John

All you cruisers, Have fun!

In Cabo, if you want an on the beach, shoes optional kind of place, with good food (and safe)and ice cold beer (2x1), try the Office. If you want something more upscale, we like the dining room at the Playa Bonita Rose Hotel, either upstairs (more formal) or downstairs (casual).

Gary

In Mazatlan in the Golden Zone, kind of across from The Inn at Mazatlan Resort is a great open air place called Gus Gus. They have great service, great marlin tacos and are really inexpensive ! And for that matter, Papagayos at the Inn at Mazatlan has a great shrimp and avocado salad !

*** Jodie ***

"is it happy hour yet ?"

One of the most gorgeous restaurants in the world is in Cabo. Da Giorgio is about a 15 minute cab ride from the pier. It is up on a hill overlooking the bay with beautifully landscaped grounds, waterfalls and a view of your ship at anchor. The food is Italian and wonderful but not inexpensive. We had some of the best shrimp cocktail ever there. Don't miss it.

sun cruiser

• 2 months later...

Betty,

When my husband and I stayed in Cabo we went to a wonderful resturant called Mi Casa. Weve been 3 times now and it is always wonderful. It has an open air seating or covered if weather is bad. They make fresh torttilas right in front of you. The reseraunt is coverered in bogan villas and candles. Very romantic and Great food! I remeber walking to it but that was from town. We will be eatin lunch there on our Aug. 22 cruise and I can let you know how far it is from the boat if you like.

Have a great day, Marion:)

We're on the October 16th sailing of the Diamond! Promise to warm up the route for you! A friend who is sailing with us found this website which is maintained by two American ex-pats who live in Mazatlan. There are restaurant descriptions, maps, discount coupons on shore excursions and all kinds of info from these people who love their city. http://www.maztravel.com. Check it out!

Thanks to all of you that posted information regarding the restaurants in Mazatlan and Cabo San Lucas. I appreciate all of the information and the links.....I have been out of town and also getting ready for a wedding in the family so I have not had time to get back to this board until now. Can't wait to get back to the planning and research. All of your information will help!

Thanks again!

Please try to stop at Mama's Royal Cafe/Felix' for either breakfast (then they call it Mama's) or for lunch (then it's called Felix'). Check out the web site at mamasroyalcafe.com. Look at a brief video on the Food networks web site (foodtv.com) and click on the links taking you to food in Cabo section. The link there is called "visit the world's largest salsa bar" or something like that.

Archived