Top 10 Posters

hoppelk

I consider every single person on CC who posts a helpful hint to a question, to be a winner. Even if they only have 1 post next to their name.

Just my opinion. ;)

What a great sentiment - I agree with you completely :)

The title of this thread suggested a "contest" of sorts - so naturally I wanted to see who won ;)

The topic of how many posts any particular member has posted really surprised me. Why? Because I never look at the number of posts. I read what is posted and pay attention to how useful or valid I believe the post to be. To me, that value of a particular post has little to do with the number of previous posts a member has contributed. It surprises me that others here do care about the number of posts and even their own total.

It wouldn't matter to me if NO total posts were recorded. That total has little to do with quality of information, one way or the other.

The topic of how many posts any particular member has posted really surprised me. Why? Because I never look at the number of posts. I read what is posted and pay attention to how useful or valid I believe the post to be. To me, that value of a particular post has little to do with the number of previous posts a member has contributed. It surprises me that others here do care about the number of posts and even their own total.

It wouldn't matter to me if NO total posts were recorded. That total has little to do with quality of information, one way or the other.

Have to agree. As long as the information is useful & helpful, I really could care less if the person has 5 or 5,000 posts. More posts doesn't automatically = greater knowledge.

I do believe the people who have been on here a while and have a high count does deserve recognician of some type.

I mean, they're either a well rounded person who can take criticism well or else knows where to buy the best flame-proof underwear in the world.

Tongue in cheek folks, tongue in cheek...............I think......

I do believe the people who have been on here a while and have a high count does deserve recognician of some type.

I mean, they're either a well rounded person who can take criticism well or else knows where to buy the best flame-proof underwear in the world.

Tongue in cheek folks, tongue in cheek...............I think......

Heck, that is true. I have had to buy so many flame suits I get a discount.

I am honest to a fault. ;)

Many of us "older folk" got a lot of the numbers when the boards started to use the gifs, signatures and clocks. There were hundreds, maybe thousands. of posters who needed help to learn. That is where I got most of mine at that time. It was a lot of fun to help/see someone finally get a moving picture, or fifty, in their postings. Then they all messed up the boards and we had to stop using most of them. :eek:

Anyone really involved in a Roll Call can add up to hundreds if it goes for a year. ;)

Good idea, here's a couple of suggestions for the number of posts and a suggested title -

Over 1,000 posts - "Needs To Get Out More"

Over 5,000 posts - "Pathetic"

Over 10,000 posts - "Needs A Life"

.....:eek:

You're at 2,128 - lifetime? - or this year? at any rate - good luck with that. Suggestion: take your laptop and post while you are out, that way, "needs to get out more" is out and you are only haf way to pathetic! I'm new here....but I can be very funny! If I could post here all the live long day, I would. Everyone is so nice and all have great information to share. Keep up the great work!!!!

Dont know about having a life,but I know Im addicted to these boards(have gotten great advice and met super people).........I can only imagine how much more I would be posting if I didnt go back to work last year!!;)

• 2 months later...

When you are on crutches and on medical leave and must keep leg elevated what else is there to do than post.

Besides I like to help newbies.

But I have run into problems for posting too much thus I have found other things to do with my time.

Don't let the boards ruin your keyboard:eek:

I haven't been cruising long, but I am an avid CC'er. The information and knowledge I have gained from my CC friends is invaluable! I enjoy asking questions and giving responses. I have also written a review and truly enjoy sharing with my CC friends all over the world. I even made up information packets for our last sailing. This year I started a homepage for my CC roll call thread, where they can look at, print, and find links to our destinations. You can look at it if you would like. The link is in my signature. May everyone have safe and happy travels always! CC'er Andros/Tony

Archived