Security on board the cruise ships

dawnth

Hello,

sailing on the 23rd on Mariner.

Anyone have insight on security on board these ships? If there is a problem, do they have security to take care of some potentially dangerous situations? Is there a mini-jail on board or something of the sort?

Whom do you complain to if you are being harrassed by another passenger, or you are assaulted or something?

Any info would be great!

Dawnth

Hello,

Anyone have insight on security on board these ships? If there is a problem, do they have security to take care of some potentially dangerous situations? Is there a mini-jail on board or something of the sort?

Whom do you complain to if you are being harrassed by another passenger, or you are assaulted or something?

Any info would be great!

Dawnth

Um, are you expecting trouble? I wouldn't go on a cruise worried about that. Yes, it is my understanding that they do have "jails" on the ships, and security, although, some would argue that, given the recent events.

I think you should not worry about bad things happening. Just keep your wits about you.

But I think if you have a problem, you call guest services, and they send security.

Hello,

Any info would be great!

Dawnth

There is a Brig, security cameras and there are security officers. if you do not get satisfaction - keep escalating BUT in 14 cruises the worst thing I saw happen was a waiter spilled orange juice on our friend on the last day of the cruiseyes

I would compare security on a cruiseship to security at a mall or amusement park. Usually, you don't notice them. If there's trouble, they appear in numbers and attempt to resolve it.

You probably have nothing to worry about.

Um, are you expecting trouble? I wouldn't go on a cruise worried about that.

I am not worried about or expecting trouble. Just want to be informed or prepared.

I did have an occasion where this crazy teen girl were verbally harrasing me and my 7 year old daughter. We took care of it personally, but want to know if we are protected if there were a problem.

I have otherwise never had issues.

Though with people missing this last year, it doesnt hurt to be informed.

dawnth

We had an incident recently on a ship where a young man was very loudly and with every vulgar word available was harrassing several people in a bar. The bartender picked up the phone, a minute later a gentleman in a uniform showed up took the young man by the arm and lead him away.Problem solved.

I have seen cruise security in action only once, on a Carnival cruise (big surprise!!)-on a 3 night Mexico cruise on the Ecstasy in 2002, a man decided to get totally nekked and run around the pool in broad daylight (drunk). 3 security men rushed him and took him away pretty quickly, as there were kids around and many parents were rather annoyed at the drunken spectacle. I never saw the guy again for the rest of the cruise.

I have seen cruise security in action only once, on a Carnival cruise (big surprise!!)-on a 3 night Mexico cruise on the Ecstasy in 2002, a man decided to get totally nekked and run around the pool in broad daylight (drunk). 3 security men rushed him and took him away pretty quickly, as there were kids around and many parents were rather annoyed at the drunken spectacle. I never saw the guy again for the rest of the cruise.

LOL!! Maybe you just didn't recgonize him with his clothes on...;) :D

Archived