Traveling Alone

billvabeach

If you booked through a travel agent, let them know. If you booked through Carnival, let them know. They generally do try to put singles together even if you don't request it. But I would contact either your TA or Carnival to make them aware of your preference.

If you discover the first night of your cruise that they put you at a table with kids, ask the maitre d to move you. Shouldn't be a problem.

I am a single traveling on the Fascination 1/30. How would I arrange to be at a table with other singles and without children?

Since schools aren't on holiday during this time, there will not be as many children as you would see during the summer etc.

I'm a solo cruiser. I've been lucky with most dining assignments, and ended up with other singles, and sometimes a couple or two - never any children. It's easy to see the Maitre d' and make a request after the first night's dinner. I've had to change tables only once in all my solo cruises - and that was because of an extremely obnoxious man and his lovely wife. Eek.

don't you just hate it when the obnoxious guys are blessed with the best wives.

Also, check with the Purser's desk and ask about "single get-togethers". You might meet someone you want to dine with!!

I am a single traveling on the Fascination 1/30. How would I arrange to be at a table with other singles and without children?

Went on three cruises as a single, and always ended up at a large table with people of a similar demographic and/or marital status. On two of the three, I was assigned to a table with equal numbers of single men/women. On the last one, it ended up being an entire table of guys who were each traveling alone. Needless to say, the young and extremely attractive girl who was the cocktail server for our table made out EXTREMELY well on tips that week!

Carnival usually does a good job in figuring out the table assignments. If you don't care for your table mates, the staff will help you change to one more suitable.

Archived