Booked Our Next Cruise but on Princess

hill6

We booked the July 20th sailing of the Crown Princess. I am a die hard Carnival fan. I love cruising. But we were planning a special vacation for our 20th anniversary. We basically came up with three choices...Hawaii (just because), Vegas (our second favorite vacation), or a cruise (our favorite vacation). We just did Vegas so that was pushed off. Hawaii was voted down because of the cost and I can't wait to get off the plane when flying to Vegas and that would only be half way to Hawaii.

We wanted a longer cruise with ports we hadn't visited before. This cruise had that and more. It is a 9 day cruise out of Brooklyn. We live in Jersey so no airfare or hotel since we fly down at least one -two days early. Able to spend more on the room.

It goes to Grand Turk, Bermuda's west end, St. Thomas, and San Juan. We have been to San Juan once at night and this has us arriving at noon. St. Thomas we love. We have never been to Grand Turk or Bermuda. Plus there are four (yes four) days at sea. I love that.

We got a mini suite by booking through Amex Platinum travel with a 2 category upgrade with a minisuite, $50 shipboard credit, photo, bottle of champagne, and a complementary dinner in one of their premium restaurants as a perk for using them. I am thrilled.

Plus I already got the time off of work.

Hey, hill, I'll be looking for your review when you get back. Post a cruise/line comparison back to this list too, if you don't mind.

I'm a die-hard Carnival cruiser too...but I've booked the Island Princess for next Jan (2007). It's been a long time since I've cruised Princess.

Have you heard about the 'Ultimate Balcony Dining Experience' on Princess? If not, you might want to check it out and apply that $50 credit towards it one night - especially since you'll be celebrating a special event on the ship. I'm planning to do it three times on the Hawaii cruise - twice for dinner, once for breakfast!

Enjoy!

Hey, hill, I'll be looking for your review when you get back. Post a cruise/line comparison back to this list too, if you don't mind.

I'm a die-hard Carnival cruiser too...but I've booked the Island Princess for next Jan (2007). It's been a long time since I've cruised Princess.

Have you heard about the 'Ultimate Balcony Dining Experience' on Princess? If not, you might want to check it out and apply that $50 credit towards it one night - especially since you'll be celebrating a special event on the ship. I'm planning to do it three times on the Hawaii cruise - twice for dinner, once for breakfast!

Enjoy!

Hi - we were on the Island Princess in January 2005 - 15 day Hawaii - we were really looking forward to the "Special Champagne Breakfast - served on your balcony" - WHAT A DISAPPOINTMENT !! - (Probably the biggest disappointment of the whole trip) - the food was just awful - really unedible - we could only take a couple bites of some of the fruit -

Really sorry to have to report this - but that's the way it was !

Hate to hear that, ccliff5! I've heard others who have travelled on other ships say good things about the breakfast. I am compiling a list of questions regarding this cruise. I'll post it over on the Princess board within the next week...hope you respond with your answers/experiences/opinions! Glad to hear you were on it in January because a couple of my questions revolve around that month specifically!

Hi Hill. Nothing wrong with a little diversity - on other lines. Princess has some fine cruiseships. I thoroughly enjoyed my Pacific Princess cruise - many years ago. I would have no problem going on another one if the price/timing were right. Variety is the spice of life. I love Carnival, but I'm always open to new ideas. ENJOY!

Hate to hear that, ccliff5! I've heard others who have travelled on other ships say good things about the breakfast. I am compiling a list of questions regarding this cruise. I'll post it over on the Princess board within the next week...hope you respond with your answers/experiences/opinions! Glad to hear you were on it in January because a couple of my questions revolve around that month specifically!

Hi - I will be more than happy to answer any questions you have !

We booked the July 20th sailing of the Crown Princess. I am a die hard Carnival fan. I love cruising. But we were planning a special vacation for our 20th anniversary. We basically came up with three choices...Hawaii (just because), Vegas (our second favorite vacation), or a cruise (our favorite vacation). We just did Vegas so that was pushed off. Hawaii was voted down because of the cost and I can't wait to get off the plane when flying to Vegas and that would only be half way to Hawaii.

We wanted a longer cruise with ports we hadn't visited before. This cruise had that and more. It is a 9 day cruise out of Brooklyn. We live in Jersey so no airfare or hotel since we fly down at least one -two days early. Able to spend more on the room.

It goes to Grand Turk, Bermuda's west end, St. Thomas, and San Juan. We have been to San Juan once at night and this has us arriving at noon. St. Thomas we love. We have never been to Grand Turk or Bermuda. Plus there are four (yes four) days at sea. I love that.

We got a mini suite by booking through Amex Platinum travel with a 2 category upgrade with a minisuite, $50 shipboard credit, photo, bottle of champagne, and a complementary dinner in one of their premium restaurants as a perk for using them. I am thrilled.

Plus I already got the time off of work.

Hi, I will be sailing with you out of Brooklyn on 7-20 06 I have never done carnival, but have sailed RCCL & Celebrity. It's very exciting knowing we will be one of the first on this amazing ship! My sister also has a mini suite, I'd love to know if she got a good deal as compared to yours.

:) Susie

I'm glad to see someone else was not that impressed with the "special" breakfast. We indulged in it this past summer on our Alaskan cruise on the Diamond and I didn't think it worth the money either. It certainly did not substitute for breakfast because I was still hungry. It was served on the coffee table in the cabin so we had to bend over to eat which was uncomfortable and there was nothing special served to remember the event.

Save your money for something else...

John L.

Archived