Port of Miami car rental

dcruiser50

We have done Hertz downtown twice. Last January our party of 6 caught their shuttle to the downtown location and returned that same evening at FLL. I have seen poor reviews of the Hertz downtown location on here, but have had good luck both times.

We used Budget last summer, booked through travelocity. I did notice many differences in total rental costs, and travelocity let us see several that were available. Pickup at port was easy to find and quick to get us to rental shop. Our final cost was about $55 but make sure you pad the drop off time in case of a flight delay. I noticed on my email confirmation that late fee was 33.50 per hour!!

Alamo has shuttle buses pretty much constantly from MIA to port of Miami. You just need to show your confirmation to board at the port, that way people don't use it as a free taxi to the airport. They also have kiosks at the airport so you can just scan your reservation and go take a car. No lines or dealing with upcharge salesmen.

We have done Hertz downtown twice. Last January our party of 6 caught their shuttle to the downtown location and returned that same evening at FLL. I have seen poor reviews of the Hertz downtown location on here, but have had good luck both times.

I'm glad you did. Hands down, it was THE WORST car rental/drop off location we have ever experienced anywhere in this country. Horribly run. This was a few years ago, perhaps it has improved. Or perhaps you were very lucky, who knows. :D