Great Mazatlan Catamaran Sail

mrmac

We took the Bula catamaran ride on our recent visit off the Vision of the Seas. What a great day!

Gilberto picked us up at the ship terminal and we rode across town to the marina, getting a nice tour of Mazatlan. The sail to Deer Island lasted 4 1/2 hours and included a full open bar, a delicious fruit plate in the morning and a sandwich, chips and drink lunch on the island. Also included were kayaking and snorkeling on the island. Cost was only $40.

It was a beautiful day and great to be on the water. Victor and crew were so friendly and helpful. They couldn't do enough for us. On the way back the sail goes up and we were at the wind's mercy. Gilberto, the owner, limits the crowd to 25 even though the boat is rated for over 40 so it wasn't crowded at all. I must say, for those that don't need to visit every trinket shop, this is a wonderful option for a fun day in Mazatlan. And no vendors! Enjoy.

Bula Catamaran

Mr. Mac

MrMacCruises

Next Up:

Vision of the Seas 05/02/04 in

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008000&cdt=2004;5;2;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Carnival Pride 09/19/04 in

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008000&cdt=2004;9;19;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Yes there are 2 heads on board the Bula. You have to climb down into the floats on the catamaran but it's not bad and they're clean. Sailing time is about 4 1/2 hours. Travel time is longer.

Mr. Mac

MrMacCruises

Next Up:

Diamond Princess 7/31/04 in

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008000&cdt=2004;7;31;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Carnival Pride 09/19/04 in

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008000&cdt=2004;9;19;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

MRMac, I'm going on Vision next year around the same time. If you don't mind I have a few questions?? How was the food. I have heard mixed opinions on the food. Which excursions did you enjoy the most? Any other tips for me. We will be bringing the kids this time (age 4 and 7).

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Archived