Twice daily cabin service?

ChicagoCrafter

I've had different experiences my last few cruises.

In Sept 2016 on the Splendor, the room steward coerced us into taking once a day service, even though we asked for it. He gave us so much resistance that he "won" but I still asked for clean towels twice a day. He couldn't have done turndown service at the same time? It only takes a minute. Plus we had our towel animal in the morning. I didn't care for this at all. I really missed twice a day service.

In February 2017 on the Vista, the room steward was better and gave twice a day room service without even asking us. He even made up our bed when I took a nap one day, in the middle of the day, right away. However, he only brought one platinum gift instead of two (we are both platinum), didn't leave anything for my birthday like a card, or something similar on my birthday. He also left dirty plates in the cabin.

In September of 2017 on the Paradise, I asked for Robes and received them. I also received ice twice a day without asking, twice a day service. Excellent service.

In November of 2017 on the Magic, received twice a day service when asked for it on the first day. Excellent service again.

I think it all depends on your steward and how much management pushes them.