Twice daily cabin service?

ChicagoCrafter

We are platinum with Carnival and love the choice to only have service once a day. We spend a lot of time in our cabin and really like not having to play the shuffle to be gone long enough for the steward to make our bed that we are just going to take a nap in soon anyway. :) To each his own, but we are happy to have a choice!

We do to, but we like twice a day and use the do not disturb sign, never been bothered.

this change is as much due to cruisers wants as the few who rank it up there with Elvis still being alive, Area 51, man did not walk on the moon and building 7.

What are things that are all "fake, Alex?

You always had an option to have less service via the Do Not Disturb card. This is not due to cruiser wants. I remember exactly zero people ever saying 'They serviced my room too often', or, 'I put the do not disturb sign in to sleep late and they still wanted to come in'

Elvis alive :')

Area 51:')

"Cruiser wants":')

You always had an option to have less service via the Do Not Disturb card. This is not due to cruiser wants. I remember exactly zero people ever saying 'They serviced my room too often', or, 'I put the do not disturb sign in to sleep late and they still wanted to come in'

Always wanted to be on Jeopardy.....you need look no further than post 51.....

Still think I could win on Jeopardy.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We weren't given a sheet on the Dream, but we were asked. We decided to try once a day service for the first time - and will be asking for twice a day from now on. We found we actually needed the twice a day - otherwise we had to track down the steward to send out laundry, get additional towels if needed, etc. To top it off, our service was not the best. Items were not regularly taken from the room (clearly empty bar cups, a room service plate that was empty, etc), and I had to leave a note on Day 3 asking for our bathroom trash bin to be emptied. They were kind, but no where near the service level we are used to.

We keep the cabin clean - when they do clean, they are in and out very quickly. I don't even care that much about a deep clean twice a day. But please come get my trash, make or turn down the bed, and check the towels both times a day and I'll be happy.

We were given a form for our preferences: bath robes or not, etc. We did not choose bathrobes but got them anyway? Also there were only 2 options for room servicing: morning or evening. I checked both. I was filling it out beside the steward as he waited for the form. He definitely pushed back. I just smiled and said I was used to having both. Honestly, he was one of the best stewards we have had. By the end of the cruise, I was kind of surprised that he gave me any push back at the beginning and ended up leaving him a big extra tip on the last evening, because he was awesome. I think they all are pushing back, and that is unfortunate and awkward.

Never cruised before and am learning for our upcoming cruise in Aug on the Splendor. I guess I am confused by the twice a day service. What are they doing twice in the same day that they are not doing the first and only visit? I can only go by what happens in a hotel where they make the beds, do a quick clean of the bathroom, change towels, empty garbage, etc. What needs to be done twice?

For all of those who have asked for the morning service, did you still get a towel animal at night? This will be are first cruise with this new procedure, we might ask for the morning service and also ask if they can just get some fresh towels at night. Personally I think that this is just the beginning and soon we won't have a choice, it will just be another thing that you use to enjoy. Thanks

Very true.

Shortly they will tell us once a day is standard as it is what most cruisers want. If you want 2x you can pay extra for it. And people will compliment Carnival for doing this

It has been a year now, no conspiracy theories have come to pass, to adding cost for twice a day, all 3 options are still on the card, may people want (even on this thread), and the world has not ended. I think I did see Elvis on our last cruise tho..... so lets not give up hope. I hear the new water park area on the Horizon Area 51 and the steakhouse will be called building 7.

Never cruised before and am learning for our upcoming cruise in Aug on the Splendor. I guess I am confused by the twice a day service. What are they doing twice in the same day that they are not doing the first and only visit? I can only go by what happens in a hotel where they make the beds, do a quick clean of the bathroom, change towels, empty garbage, etc. What needs to be done twice?

The same things but your towels won't dry from the morning to be used in the evening again. If you find that twice a day is too much use your do not disturb card or tell them once is plenty. I don't like doing evening shower w still wet towels from the morning.

It has been a year now, no conspiracy theories have come to pass, to adding cost for twice a day, all 3 options are still on the card, may people want (even on this thread), and the world has not ended. I think I did see Elvis on our last cruise tho..... so lets not give up hope. I hear the new water park area on the Horizon Area 51 and the steakhouse will be called building 7.

You may have seen me on your last cruise.:cool:

On Elation last June we were only given a choice of morning or evening service, not both. Since we were familiar with this change from CC we did not request twice daily. We made it through the cruise fine, it seemed there were at least four clean bath towels each day so we could make it through to the next day without having to reuse towels.

On Fantasy two weeks ago the "both" option was offered and we accepted with no push-back from or cabin steward. The towel animal showed up in the morning. The evening service consisted of replacing used bath towels, turning-down the bed, emptying the trash and the fun times. If we had chosen once per day we would have been managing/re-using bath towels or needed more than three clean towels at the start of the day.

The same things but your towels won't dry from the morning to be used in the evening again. If you find that twice a day is too much use your do not disturb card or tell them once is plenty. I don't like doing evening shower w still wet towels from the morning.

Bathroom is very humid and pretty much nothing will dry in there.

2x service is a must for us.

It has been a year now, no conspiracy theories have come to pass, to adding cost for twice a day, all 3 options are still on the card, may people want (even on this thread), and the world has not ended.

Give it time. Gotta watch them they are sneaky.

We desire 2X daily visits from the cabin steward. We're pretty tidy so that's not a problem. In the morning we want regular servicing (like a hotel) dry towels and ice. In the evening we just need fresh towels, ice and the next day's schedule of activities. (called Fun Times on Carnival)

Cruise passengers do not have access to an ice machine so unless you wait 30 minutes and tip room service you don't have ice.

Guests have no access to dry towels unless brought by a steward. There's really no room in the cabin to hang towels so they dry out for reuse thus we want fresh ones 2X a day for the 2X a day we shower.

The Fun Times is available at Guest Services but I don't care to have to go down there every evening to get one.

We don't need to be cleaned 2X daily but do need "replacement services" in the evening.:)

We just got back from a News Years cruise on the Liberty. We were asked our needs and I stated we wanted both. The steward made me feel uncomfortable about my request. He was probably the worst steward we have ever had while cruising. Ie: I asked him for additional luggage tags at the end of the cruise and he told me I had to go to guest services to get them. Luckily for him another steward was right there and had additional and gave them to me. If I had to go to guest services to get more tags, his supervisor would have had an earful about my service (lack of) and his tip certainly would have been adjusted. (I have always tipped extra at the beginning and end of each cruise but his attitude from the beginning lost him both).

TIPS. To Insure Promp Service.

Cruise passengers do not have access to an ice machine so unless you wait 30 minutes and tip room service you don't have ice.

Guests have no access to dry towels unless brought by a steward. There's really no room in the cabin to hang towels so they dry out for reuse thus we want fresh ones 2X a day for the 2X a day we shower.

The Fun Times is available at Guest Services but I don't care to have to go down there every evening to get one.

We don't need to be cleaned 2X daily but do need "replacement services" in the evening.:)

Hi

Just for those that aren't aware, you can get a bucket of ice from any bar as well as the machines in the buffet.

You can ask for more towels. You also have two large beach towels and they will give you more if you need them. The cabin has a phone with a direct line to "cabin steward", you can use that as well. Personally for many years now, I have been using the gym as well as their sauna and showers, just because the facilities are much nicer to use than in the cabin.. They have an unlimited supply of towels for people to use. This might not be available on ships that have the "cloud 9 spa", but just like anything else, you need to be aware before booking.

You can still ask for twice a day room service because it is still offered, but it is inevitable that it will change. The stewards are being dumped on with many more cabins to service than they can handle, so they will stop doing twice a day service, that's when you should start whining. It's not like we are being hard done by, we are on a cruise. If a company isn't giving what you want, then find one that is. This same thread, with different words has been going on for over a year, for something that hasn't happened yet. I am sure that a lot of people can hear the violins playing and aren't impressed.

In my 28 cruises, twice a day service was basically a full cleaning in the morning and a service at night that included bed turndown (used to include chocolates), fresh towels (if needed), ice, funtimes, and a towel animal. If that is what you want, you are still able to get it, minus the chocolates. If you have someone trying to tell you that you cannot have it, whether it is a room steward or someone on this site, tell them that twice a day is still available and you want it, and you will get it. Anyone that tells you differently is trying to grind an axe that doesn't need it.