Radiance OTSeas misc. questions

Hi everyone!

We are booked for a June 29th Radiance of the Seas cruise and we are taking the post cruise land tour as well.

1.Seeking confirmation that we should fly into "Vancouver International Airport" Airport Code YVR

.......is that correct?

2. The Cruise Port/Terminal is called: Canada Place Cruise Ship Terminal

999 Canada Place, Vancouver BC

.......is that correct?

3. Any hotel suggestions for a family of three to stay at the night before? We'll have enough luggage for 10 days :rolleyes:

That's all correct! The terminal is RIGHT downtown, great location to be near everything... however... hotels are incredibly expensive in the summer. I'd recommend staying in a hotel near the airport (there's a few options!) and then head into town the day of to join the ship. OR... get an airbnb, there's literally hundreds of options for condos right nearby the terminal.

Well thank you so much to my first two responders :)

I would like to stay in a "traditional" hotel and not an airbnb.

My family of three is hoping to "see" a bit of Vancouver downtown since our cruise experience will end in Alaska....we'll fly out of Alaska.

I'm willing to pay up to ....hmm I'll pick a #.....say $350 Canadian a night

.....or $299 USD.....I know the rate changes daily.

Well thank you so much to my first two responders :)

I would like to stay in a "traditional" hotel and not an airbnb.

My family of three is hoping to "see" a bit of Vancouver downtown since our cruise experience will end in Alaska....we'll fly out of Alaska.

I'm willing to pay up to ....hmm I'll pick a #.....say $350 Canadian a night

.....or $299 USD.....I know the rate changes daily.

You are not going to find much for that money in downtown Vancouver during Alaska cruise season. We are staying at the Marriott Pinnacle for one night after our cruise, great location and very nice hotel. Pan Pacific is another hotel many stay at because it is connected to the cruise terminal.

If you are only talking $300 a night, you are going to have to stay closer to the airport unless you up your budget or can find something on one of the hotel discounting sites.

OK....Maybe I'll pay more....I did a google search and will now investigate: Best Western Plus Sands 1755 Dave Street

and

Hampton Inn and Suites Downtown Vancouver 111 Robson St.

I'll report back with my findings

Here's my report.....

Based on the one night we want (June 28th).....One room.....Two beds in the room

Best Western Plus Sands 1755 Davie St.........$259 CAD

Hampton Inn & Suites Downtown Vanc. 111 Robson St......$455 CAD (AAA Rate)

This will not surprise you......but I already booked the Best Western Plus Sands

The booking agent on the phone applied the AAA Rate

My confirmed room for June 28th is AAA Rate $248CAD

Good price, lots of reviews you can check out on Trip Advisor.

We wanted a newer property, closer to Canada Place. We stayed at Marriott Pinnacle on a prior cruise and found the location very convenient.

The Sands is very convenient for English Bay (excellent sunset views) and Denman Street (lots of eateries at various pricepoints), and among the more walkable properties to Stanley Park. It's also far enough along Davie to be beyond the party-hearty part of the street so sleeping shouldn't be impacted by late-night revelers.

That said, personally I'd still be looking at the YWCA Hotel which is not just the single cheapest option that isn't a literal fleapit anywhere in the region (even airport hotels are pricier), but is a genuinely nice, safe, clean and very well-reviewed hotel in a great downtown location. Almost exactly a mile on foot to the pier, so if you can handle rolling suitcases that far it's eminently walkable for even bigger savings. Use the cash saved to pay for a nice dinner or an excursion.

Edit - oh, and your info for airport/cruise pier is correct. Google maps has them accurately-placed, and also has local transit options fully-integrated so you can look at options for getting to/from hotel/pier. SkyTrain is less than ideal to the Sands - a cab is likely your best bang for the buck at CAD$31 fixed rate to your hotel; all other routes than incoming from YVR are metered, ballpark $15 to pier next day to allow for likely traffic delays as there are some serious traffic bottlenecks on cruise days.