Velvet on the High Seas -- fantastic or faux pas?

Shelley9962

Ahhh........okay. I understand now. Thanks for clarifying.

Well, I don't know how good I look, but thanks for the compliment. But I do know the fashion biz and think I have a good "eye" when it comes to picking out things for others - more so than for myself.

Jane

The fact you have a good eye for others shows you do for yourself-at least I think you would. I am sure you look very lovely.

But with me I do know I can always see something all wrong on another person-you know maybe the style shows the woman's extra weight around the middle or the fact she is a little "hippy" but I have also thought something looked good on me until I saw myself on video- sometimes I think maybe I should video myself before I wear something-(LOL)

To Blue Herons-I did not think you sounded snotty or uppity at all. I do beleive we should all dress to please ourselves first but one thing that pleases me about my dressing that I put myself in the best light.

For ex. I am a size 8 but I carry my weight around the middle- so my middle is more a size 10 I guess-if I wear something that emphasizes my waist or middle I do NOT look so good-I look a good 20 pounds heavier then I really am-but if the emphasis is on my bust or hips I look pretty good for an old middle aged gal.

Anyway I do agree you should please yourself FIRST and then worry about others-ofcourse I do like pleasing my hubby too-he is more important then others I guess.

Archived