how well does the msc for me kids wristband work on seaside?

ginger123snaps

The children's wristband only opens your cabin door and can be swiped to buy gelato or drinks. It's not interactive yet, it's just like a cruise card.

Edited to add - I misunderstood your question - sorry. They never explained if we'd be able to track our kids with the wristband or gave us any info on it. They just had us sign up upon embarkation in the atrium and gave my son his wristband.

I'm reading that you can locate your kids on the ship with the msc for me kids wristband? Do you need internet access for this feature to work? Would like more details on how well this works? I will definitely activate this

I'm reading that you can locate your kids on the ship with the msc for me kids wristband? Do you need internet access for this feature to work? Would like more details on how well this works? I will definitely activate this

MSC made an announcement recently that the child tracking in public areas only would be rolled out soon. I don't recall it giving an exact date but that announcement was quite recent so apparently it isn't working yet.

I also read a more technical explanation which basically said the child tracking system will utilize equipment already installed on Seaside for other purposes in public areas, hence why it will only work in those. Oh, and the technical paper said the advent of these wrist bands can be traced to Great Wolf Lodge, which I found funny since they gave us only contactless cards for our rooms there last year.

Princess also offers this technology as a rather smart looking pendant necklace and at Walt Disney World two years ago they offered blingy or beaded options for the bracelets. Royal Caribbean is rolling out a wristband utilizing open source integrated augmented virtual reality involving people's smart phones to make booking and planning cruise activities easier as well as allowing them to offer a bunch of games and new utilities like gps wayfinding, locating lost guests, and the ability to virtually join the captain on the bridge of the ship.

Edit: As to whether you can use the MSC for Me app without purchasing the internet package I have read mixed reviews. I don't know whether this represents problems with the app in certain phones, ability with the phone of certain guests, or what. All I can say is all the reports I've read which said they had personally utilized it without purchased internet said they were using newer model iPhones or Galaxy Andriod phones. This may simply indicated the app doesn't work as well on older phones. By newer I mean released within the last 3 years or so.

Edited by TravelinGert