Anthem Questions: Kid Question/Dining Question

Hi!

Super excited going on the Anthem in March.

I was on the Oasis 2 years ago, we are more familiar with NCL we have been on many of there ships.

Few questions:

1. On Oasis they had some things to do with the kids (with the parents) my son won't do the kids club, not sure why but he won't we tried on NCL a few times. When we were on the Oasis he was not potty trained and they wanted to put him in the baby room, so that was not a good idea for us. We did goto a few science type classes with him.. was wondering if that is an option.. if anyone has the kids club/non kids club activity sheets that would be helpful. Just want to see if I need to bring somethings to keep him occupied. 4yo, and he is on the spectrum...

2. Does the Anthem have the character breakfast like Oasis? If so where do you book it? I don't see it on the site anywhere in the planner.

3. Has anyone done the Cabana at CocoBay? We were looking at that.. see we can't book on the site yet, was wondering if anyone has booked on board... is it worth it?

4. All access Tour has anyone done it worth the money?

5. What nights are formal dinner night or Captians night? Do they have a really good menu that night ? Lobster, escargot ? My husband thinks he recalls that happening...

I did try to search the site for some of these, but I could not find much on the kids info.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Susie

We really like Anthem for our toddler. They have a play area in Adventure Ocean where parents can play with kids. Many of the toys are more baby oriented but they have a decent slide. However, it can get loud in there.

My son REALLY enjoyed going to the Seaplex early morning to play basketball (we brought a lighter ball).

They have a wave area for potty trained kids, but it’s much smaller than Oasis’ kids area. They do have inch deep water for non potty trained, but oriented towards babies.

We brought a foam bowling set and would let him bowl in the music hall when it was empty.

They do the character breakfast but I don’t think it was advertised well...or it was in the cruise compass and we rarely read it :)

We love the cabanas on Cococay and they are much better now that they are actually on the beach. We like having a “home base” while on the beach with a toddler.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You may want to continue to TRY the kids clubs....if your son is a bit delayed he may take to it eventually! They are very good with the kids...and most have a great time. If he doesn't...don't force him, of course! But...RCI doesn't have "parent/child" time for the older kids. So bring what you think you'll need to entertain!

We were on Anthem in December and they had at least one parent/child activity scheduled each day. These included a scavenger hunt (went around the ship finding employees from each department to sign out sheet, with bonus points depending on what country they hailed from), family feud, art class (one was a drawing lesson, another we made paper snowflakes), gagaball, bingo, trivia, and a science lab activity.

There was a character breakfast, which eventually showed up in our cruise planner online. It wasn't well advertised on the ship itself.

Re: formal night. Escargot is available every night in the main dining room; one formal night had lobster tails on the menu (we had two, on a 12-night cruise). I felt like the food on the menu wasn't significantly more upscale in comparison to other nights, aside from the addition of the lobster.