If it is so BAD why come back!

memabumpee

I just returned from the Truimph and have started to read some of the bad reviews, horror stories etc, I just wonder, this was our 3rd time on Truimph and I hear the same horror stories, The elavators were not working right, THEN WALK DOWN THE STAIRS. They damaged my luggage. CARRY IT YOURSELF, the food was cold on the lido deck, DON'T EAT THERE. My god the complaints I hear just kill me, As I stated we just returned, yes we also had the same problems, slow elavators, A/C not working, stewards moving stuff, an occasional smell in the halls, But you know what, we still had a great vacation and we are going to go again in Feb, It just find it amazing that on the last day of a cruise all of a sudden there is a long line at the pursers desk and the most commom complaint is " there good but not worth 10.00 per day"

I heard that several times just yesterday morning as I was in that line because our son went over $2.35 on his SS card and. If anyone is interested in my review it will be posted soon. We had a great time as we always do

Boy, you don't make the Triumph sound so good.....I'd question why anyone would experience all those things (and pay good money $$$ for it) and still go back again.......:confused::confused:

This is almost like one of those weird bragging things......(We were on the most screwed up cruise ever...but we are going back, just to prove we are better than all the whiners out there):rolleyes::rolleyes:

Ever see the Monty Python movie....where the guy keeps getting body parts cut off and keeps challanging the other guy....LoL

Maybe you are part of one of those groups that feels suffering can make you a better person......

Sorry......Not Me Honey.....I want comfort !

We were on the Triumph and did not experience any problems mentioned above.....and had a great time.....gosh you make me feel guilty......(almost)

I will tell you one thing.....If the AC ain't workin in my Cabin.....NOBODY is gonna be happy......! :D

To answer a couple of the guestions asked, TUMEROLL I wouldn't complain about something as stupid IMO as a slow elevator, One that got stuck between floors YES slow NO. an ocassional smell NO A/C not working but fixed within 3/4 hours no. A/C out for days YES. all I am saying is that some people expect perfection and yet not willing to pay for it. As I said We just returned and some of the negative stuff I am seeing is just not right. These people handle 8000 plus pieces of luggage 4 times per week and yet one broken strap and a stain on the bottom of the bag and some are ready to to go to court. That video that was on a couple of weeks has created this new luggage monster and I disagree. Yes I would be upset if it was my luggage but on the other hand we have traveled enough to know to use luggage that in many cases we have bought at a flea market and paid a whole 10 bucks for, I spend 26 years in the Military and traveled a lot I just do not see the expensive luggage thing. Who are they trying to impress the luggage handler on the other side of the wall? I could go on about other things we saw but will post that later.

You had a good time......you should be relaxed......not bitter and looking to belittle others......it's like you started this post with a chip on your shoulder.......looking to stir things up !

Voyagerfl, just to answer your comment, I am not trying to start anything but I will say that after reading some of the stuff that people are saying about the Truimph and the crew and the ship I am just trying to state that not all the facts are being stated and I for one do not want to name the names of the people that are saying things. I suppose if they told the whole truth it would not bother me. When I say slow elevators I am talking about maximum waiting time 4 minutes yet people are flipping our over the elevators. A/C not working it was fixed within 3 hours. Cold food I guess this is to be expected when you decide to eat outside on the Lido deck with a cool ocean breeze. Luggage problems I have to say that I did not see any of the problems that I have been reading in other post. Again people going to the Pursers Desk to change the tips IMO is digusting even if they suffered one bad thing. The crew IMO do nothing but try to please the pax. And once again I say that if your cruise was so bad why do they continue to came back time and time again. Oh I know they are trying to get something for FREE. Just like the family trying to get a free cruise to Hawaii.

Several years ago when I first found Cruise Critic we were about to sail on Conquest. So I started reading the ship reviews. I was amazed at first when I read several reviews that were totally opposite. One said that they crusied alot and found Conquest to be the worst ship they were ever on and the next review said after going on many cruises they found Conquest to be the best. ANd not only were on the same ship but also at the same time. How can this be I said. But after a short reflection I remembered that this world full of people that have a whole lot of different likes and dislikes. Many of them could never agree on the time of day. Why should it be any different when they are discussing their cruise experiences???? So know when I read Cruise Critic I pick out what I like and discard the rest!!! My most serious current problem is finding fellow cruisers going on Spirit on 2/28!!!:rolleyes:

I purchased a new set of luggage the week before our cruise (spent about $400 on them), we packed up and headed with this new luggage to Miami. We took a shuttle service to the port and had our bags left with a porter, tipped him and went on board....

Well fast forward an hour later, our luggage arrives and two pieces have some minor damage. Some fraying and some black marks... I excuse it and go on with a wonderful vacation.

However, this morning when I got my luggage from the terminal it was destroyed! First off the Panorama deck luggage was sitting in dust and muck in a corner so all my luggage is covered in white/yellow paste. Then when I look at the luggage after we leave the building I notice the bottoms of all my suitcases are now very frayed and some even have holes. The straps of my dive bag are almost severed. Everything is covered in muck/dust and black marks and to boot the bags have so much wear two of them have holes and the items inside damaged!

Of course we were the last to debark and no one would help us with filing a complaint, either they didn't speak english or they just kept on walking. Who would I contact, is it too late... I'm just very disapointed in how my luggage was handled and is now pretty bad off...

We heard loud banging above us and spoke to the purser, it was constant and everything in the room was rockin' due to this loud noise. I'm talking the towels were swinging w/ vibration... however no explaination ever given and no compensation for many a night being woken up. I think it was the a/c system since we spent 4 days without it... we were compensated for that. Overall though didn't let it ruin the trip since everything else was wonderful... too bad we didn't met online beforehand. Glad you had fun and nope we didn't go into the piano bar, spent time in the Rio though, boy was Dave a hoot.

Same person all complaints yet Everything else was wonderful

The saying "Life is what you make it" should apply to all things. Things are bound to not always be perfect.....just get another drink, find some fun people to hang out with and get on with enjoying yourself. After all in a few days time it is all over and you go right back to the daily grind so make the most of whatever situation you might be in.

Archived