Has this ever happened to you ?

On our first cruise, We had booked an oceanview cabin on carnival Elation, We were upgraded to a mini suite with a balcany..Well from that point on we have been hooked... On our next cruise we booked a mini suite (Carnival again) and we upgraded to a full suite.... On our following cruise we had to book a full suite on princess as wife would not allow me to book a lower cat. cabin... Now were booked on the Vision for next Oct. 06 and I have booked an owners suite... We never have been able to experiance an oceanview or inside cabin,,, Thus we can only cruise once every other year due to the cost of the suite cabins.... Is it just us or has this happened to others also ?

Yes, the same thing happened to us. We started out with a

lonely little porthole. We then went to an oceanview, then balcony,

Jr Suite, to Grand Suite, to Royal Suite, back to Owner's Suite. Hubby

won't do anything less than an Owner's Suite from now on. We cruise

twice a year (it's in my contract). We're DINKS so our money goes

towards cruising instead of towards kids. We do have 2 cats but

we don't plan on sending them to college. All in all, life is pretty good!

Splendour-- 2 weeks and counting. Here we come.

Well, we were recently upgraded from our Larger Inside Superior stateroom aboard the Legend to a Superior Oceanview w/ Balcony (Cat. D1)...it was our second balcony, as we splurged last year on Carnival Victory for a balcony.

Needless to say, we have booked a Junior Suite for our next cruise. ;)

Hooked we are.....

Lisa :)

Not me, I'm able to resist the temptation that has befallen you. I would rather cruise more often in a cheaper cabin than less often in a more expensive cabin. We're the type of people that spend very little time in the cabin so the accomdations don't matter that much to us. We did a balcony cabin and went back to an inside cabin on the next cruise without a problem.

Not me, I'm able to resist the temptation that has befallen you. I would rather cruise more often in a cheaper cabin than less often in a more expensive cabin. We're the type of people that spend very little time in the cabin so the accomdations don't matter that much to us. We did a balcony cabin and went back to an inside cabin on the next cruise without a problem.

Wish we could afford the owner's suite, but we like to cruise two or three times a year, sometimes more so we just get ON the ship. We did book a balcony thru the Panama Canal and we will have one in the Greek Isles, because those were special.

Once you go balcony you never go back!

We're DINKs at the moment but expect that to change in the next year.

However, we also FULLY expect to continue to vacation, both alone & with the wee ones and dont ever expect to book ourselves anything lower than a balcony if the cruise has more than one day at sea...

The kids can have the inside stateroom across the hall (once they are old enough) and with enough forethought and planning, college will be a snap (we assume that the kids will take on part of the financial burden as both DH and I paid our own way through college)

Archived