Carnival Questions from FTC

D34DP000L

Hello,

First time cruiser here will be leaving on Carnival Valor this Saturday and well up until this point I have been planning on taking a 12 pack of soda with us because that's what everyone says to do. Today I received an email from Carnival about "Important Information" and scrolled through it going ok got that got this but then I saw this...

"Guests are not allowed to bring bottled beverages, i.e., water, sodas and other non-alcoholic drinks on board. Please review our beverage policy located in our FAQs at help.carnival.com"

Does this mean I cannot bring a 12 pack of soda or just no bottles. I have been told numerous time to take a 12 pack so I won't have to go searching for something to drink in the middle of the night.

Second, we opted to do the CHEERS! package because we like to drink and won't have a problem getting our monies worth on this. I know it doesn't start on day one, but my question is does this cover drinks at MDR?

Thanks

D34DP000L

Hello,

First time cruiser here will be leaving on Carnival Valor this Saturday and well up until this point I have been planning on taking a 12 pack of soda with us because that's what everyone says to do. Today I received an email from Carnival about "Important Information" and scrolled through it going ok got that got this but then I saw this...

"Guests are not allowed to bring bottled beverages, i.e., water, sodas and other non-alcoholic drinks on board. Please review our beverage policy located in our FAQs at help.carnival.com"

Does this mean I cannot bring a 12 pack of soda or just no bottles. I have been told numerous time to take a 12 pack so I won't have to go searching for something to drink in the middle of the night.

Second, we opted to do the CHEERS! package because we like to drink and won't have a problem getting our monies worth on this. I know it doesn't start on day one, but my question is does this cover drinks at MDR?

Thanks

D34DP000L

Hey there! We're heading out on the Valor this Saturday too! This will be my second cruise but it has been about six years since then so I still feel like a newbie.

But I have been doing lots of research... to answer your question, you are not allowed to bring "bottles". On the FAQ web page it states that a small quantity (12per person) of non alcoholic beverages packaged in CANS is allowed.

We are planning to take cans of seltzer water and the like, but it must be brought in your carry-on bag, not your checked bag. Same goes for the bottle of wine that you are allowed to bring on, must be in the carry-on bag. Hope that helps!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hey there! We're heading out on the Valor this Saturday too! This will be my second cruise but it has been about six years since then so I still feel like a newbie.

But I have been doing lots of research... to answer your question, you are not allowed to bring "bottles". On the FAQ web page it states that a small quantity (12per person) of non alcoholic beverages packaged in CANS is allowed.

We are planning to take cans of seltzer water and the like, but it must be brought in your carry-on bag, not your checked bag. Same goes for the bottle of wine that you are allowed to bring on, must be in the carry-on bag. Hope that helps!

Great so we will be lugging around 12 packs of soda in our backpacks lol

Hello,

Thanks

D34DP000L

Cheers is good in the MDR.

You can carry on cans or cartons, but no bottles.

Soda is also included in Cheers, so unless you have some specific reason to carry some on, save yourself the trouble :)

No problem, bring 12 sodas in cans(!) per person on any Carnival ship. They no longer allow any thing in bottles to be taken on because people were bring gin & vodka in them! You can just carry them on, don't need to put in back back. You'll see others just carrying them on.

But, you are allowed wine in bottles and they check to make sure they have never been opened.

If you buy a coke, in the can, it is $2.25 plus 15% for the tip.

We are cruise-a-holics, just got off our 8th this year - all on Carnival!