Carabali Fourtracks ATV

drfun48

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Somebody please give us some info!

I booked the Carabali ATV(mis)adventure with Celebrity. After waiting 40 minutes on the dock for "phantom passengers" we were taken on an hour and forty minute bus ride through back roads and hinterlands on what I realized when we arrived was 30 minutes from the dock.We were then told by the agent for Carabali that due to late arriving tours in the morning,our turn would come in an hour(island time?) and did we want to go shopping. It was now almost 5pm and getting dark in the moutains. We all chose to return to the ship. After I warned the bus driver not to to the roundabout trip he took us back in under ahalf hour. Boy we we all ticked off.

After much complaining we were given back our fee but the day was wasted.

Celebrity gave us a cheap bottle of wine,but upon pursuing the matter upon returning home,they agreed to give a small future cruise credit.

What was bad is that Carabali knew hours before that they were running behind and instead of giving us the option to cancel they had us standing around the pier then drove us in circles in the hope that we would still take the tour.

I would have loved to have tried it and to report that it was great,but I can't. I would warn others that unless this was an isolated icident they risk wasting their day in port because of devious tour operator.

Geez, that sucks! HOPEFULLY it was an isolated incident. I booked this excursion for our March cruise via Royal Caribbean. I think it is scheduled to start right when we dock in PR. Was yours the same way?

Yes-but if you have a wait at the dock,get suspicious FAST Good luck and if you do get to go -report back.

Wondering what the cost of this is if you book outside of the cruise line? We are booked to do basically the same thing in St Kitts in March, but HAD to book it thru the cruise line at a cost of $119 per person. IF we had been able to book it ourself, cost would have been about $65 per person.

We might consider changing and doing this in San Juan prior to our departure if the price was right. Can anyone give me that info?

Thanks

Wondering what the cost of this is if you book outside of the cruise line? We are booked to do basically the same thing in St Kitts in March, but HAD to book it thru the cruise line at a cost of $119 per person. IF we had been able to book it ourself, cost would have been about $65 per person.

We might consider changing and doing this in San Juan prior to our departure if the price was right. Can anyone give me that info?

Thanks

I beieve it was 103 in PR ,but beware of the Carabali operator... as stated above was not honest with us.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I initially started this thread to get input on these Fourtracks in San Juan. I just recently got back from my Eastern Caribbean cruise almost 2 weeks ago. I cannot say enough about the Guides and the actual excursion. It was GREAT! The ONLY thing I can think of that could have been better was the traffic on the way out to the Ranch. We took probably an hour and 15 minute drive in a tourbus across Puerto Rico to El Yunque rainforest. It didn't help that it was rainy weather. The ride should have been 45 minutes. Pics below. I definitely recommend this excursion. Let me know what you think!

rwlw5x.jpg

Getting ready to take off!

rwm2hl.jpg

El Yunque Rainforest

rwm33q.jpg

rwm3kj.jpg

Dead Puerto Rican Cobra snake. YIKES!

Thank you so much for the info! We'll be on this excursion in 2 weeks, and it's nice to hear good things about it!

Couple questions for you..

How long was the ATV ride?

Would you recommend long pants or shorts? (Looks like people have both from the pics.) Also, is a change of clothes necessary?

Thanks again!

We did basically the same thing, but in St Kitts. I would recommend long pants! I wore some capris and my right leg started to feel like it was burning from the heat the engine was giving off. We were pretty dusty when we got done so you might want a change of clothes. Guess it would depend what you have planned for later on. Friends in our group did the ATV's in Aruba and they were just covered in dirt, so it really just might depend on where you go. You will have a bad case of helmet hair for sure!

Have a great time!

Does anyone have the contact for the company directly? I am going to San Juan in May on the Elation with Carnival. Most of their excursions are at night and this one is not included. This looks great and I would like to go. Can anyone help out?!?!:)

• 2 weeks later...

tiffknee20, we are thinking about doing the excusion also. My only concern, and hopefully you have an answer, can a 17 yr old drive the atv by himself without having a older person on the atv with him?

your pictures are great....do you have any more?

• 2 months later...

I checked out the offical website of the company who does this tour. That page says that each atv is made for 2 people but I am 19 and I am going with another friend of mine who is 19 so I was wondering if we can both drive seperate or will they make us ride on the same atv. Because, we are not going if he has to get behind me........that would be weird......

What is the Bamboo Lounge? It is advertised in the RCCL excursion. Is there a place to change and wash after the ride? Anywhere for lunch? Beverages?

Are long panta a must? How about water shoes as opposed to flip flops?

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Well we are back and did the Carabali ATV excursion. IT WAS GREAT!!!!! We spent about 2 hours in the forest and surrounding areas. The guides were fun and using the ATV was easy. I highly recommend this trip.

There were bathrooms, changing facilities, restaurant, and a bar. The ride to the hacienda took an hour in an air conditioned bus. It was fine.

Don't miss this.

Well we are back and did the Carabali ATV excursion. IT WAS GREAT!!!!! We spent about 2 hours in the forest and surrounding areas. The guides were fun and using the ATV was easy. I highly recommend this trip.

There were bathrooms, changing facilities, restaurant, and a bar. The ride to the hacienda took an hour in an air conditioned bus. It was fine.

Don't miss this.

Robin, we are trying to do this excursion. we are 8 people and only 2 were able to book online before it was sold out. It said to check on board, so i'm hoping that as soon as we board we can book it on the tv in our room...yesterday when i checked the excursions board, this tour wasn't even listed.....hope they still have room......anyway my question to you if you would be so kind is, do you have to wear jeans or can you wear a pair of light weight jogging pants. also, can enclosed water shoes ( merrills) be ok for this? thanks for any input...also anything else that might be of interest to us....we leave a week from saturday......:p

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived