From snow to sun... what to wear?

Shelley9962

We're leaving from snowy, cold Chicago at 6:30am on the day of our cruise, arriving at 10:30 in Miama, then transferring to Ft. Lauderdale to embark. I've done Chicago to Mexico several times, changing from moleskin pants to a lighter pair and slipping on sandals... but I realize that I may not have luggage to change into someting more appropriate for the bon voyage event.

What have other people done? It's going to be a long and stressful day of traveling (and it was the only way we could do it :( )

We left from northern Indiana in Nov. Not quite as cold but not warm either. I wore navy blue palazzo pants---very comfortable for plane travel--and a long white t-shirt like topthat had red and navy in it.( a little fancier than a t-shirt). I took navy capris and red sandles with me in carry-on. Changed as soon as I got a chance.

We are leaving from K.C. next week to Orlando which might be a little cooler then Miami. We are just wearing comfortable nice jeans this time. You can always wear layers. I will wear blouse with jacket or short sleeve so if I get warm I can take off jacket. We are cruising eastern caribbean so it might still be a little cool on boat & deck until we get closer to the islands. Good Luck. I'm like you coming from midwest to warm it's hard to dress. Have a Happy Holiday!!!

I wear khakis with silk long underwear, shoes and socks, a short sleeved T layered under a micro fleece top.

I take sandals in my carry-on, and when we get to our warm destination, put them on, take off the silk and the fleece. Then, I'm comfortable in khakis, a short sleeved shirt and sandals.

I also put a bathing suit on my carry-on. If I'm sitting at the pool with a tropical drink in my hand, I'm much less likely to worry about getting my luggage right away.

We fly from Winnipeg, Manitoba and it is always more than cold when we leave. We take great pride in standing in the airport in shorts or a skirt and sandals while everyone else is wearing winter boots and long coats. We're not outdoors long enough for frostbite!

We fly from Winnipeg, Manitoba and it is always more than cold when we leave. We take great pride in standing in the airport in shorts or a skirt and sandals while everyone else is wearing winter boots and long coats. We're not outdoors long enough for frostbite!

I'm with you! Going to Tampa from Iowa. I plan to wear jeans and a short sleeve shirt with a light weight jacket and SANDALS!! My dh thinks I'm crazy, but I'm headed someplace warmer than Iowa, why start out with winter clothes and then have to change?!:)

I always think I am not going to be outside that long. If I work hubs right, he will let me off at front door with luggage while he parks car :D

I wear Khakis, t shirt, light jacket/blazer that I do for nights on cruise, knitted scarf or pashmina for the warmth, socks & mules , mules also for cruise, I take off the socks & scarf at airport and jacket when I warm up.

Love that tan on the way home.

I have also done the pashmina/blanket thing before and had a lot of why didnt I think of that comments

I always wear nice nylon pants (think adias or nike brand), a tee-shirt, a zip up hoodie or jacket, and my tennis shoes. It's a win-win for me...I'm covered in case I get cold on the plane, I can remove the jacket once I arrive, and my tennies take up the most space in the luggage. I also throw in a pair of shorts, and dinner clothes in the carry-on...just in case. Coming home, I just repeat. It works great for me, even though I'm not the best-dressed on the plane, I'm comfortable all the way around.

Nancy

Be sure to have a jacket. We left from Milwaukee in April once and my husband left his jacket in the car thinking the next time he would be outside he would be in Miami. Well, there was a problem with our flight and they put us on a bus to Chicago to catch a flight out of O'Hare. It was April but it was windy and cold. Could've used a winter jacket and there was my husband in short sleeves.

Archived